We offer workshops, events and business advising for women in business and aspiring female entrepreneurs. Our mission is to foster an equitable participation and empowerment of female entrepreneurs from racial, ethnic, and socially diverse backgrounds in the economy.
We offer one-on-one business advising and trainings to women business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs to start and grow their business. Our programs and services are open to everyone and we encourage all to join our mission to foster and cultivate a diverse, equitable, and inclusive ecosystem here in Maine.
Through our individual advising and group workshops and courses, we help women build confidence, knowledge, and create valuable connection with other women business owners.
The CEI Women’s Business Center South serves entrepreneurs starting or growing a business in the following counties: Cumberland and York.
- Workshops, events, cohorts and classes on a variety of business issues
- Opportunities to learn from and network with other female entrepreneurs
- A long-term relationship with our centers as you grow your business.
- Resources tailored specifically to the challenges we know most impact female entrepreneurs
Our free, confidential advising covers topics including:
- Business plan development
- Financing options and access to capital
- Business skills, such as marketing and financial management
- Growth and expansion
- Buying or selling a business
Currently we are doing a vast majority of our work virtually.
CEI WBC South Staff
- Grace Mo-Phillips, Program Director
- Rachel Rathburn, Program Developer
- Tara Clark, Program Coordinator
- Sarah Guerette, WBC Director
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Interpretation is available upon request.