Supporting diverse female entrepreneurs in Cumberland and York counties
Our mission is to foster an equitable participation and empowerment of female entrepreneurs from racial, ethnic, and socially diverse backgrounds in the economy.
Through our one-on-one business advising, group workshops and trainings, we help women build confidence and knowledge, and create valuable connections to other women business owners.
Our programs and services are open all women at different stages of their entrepreneurial journey, and we encourage all to join our mission to foster and cultivate a diverse, equitable, and inclusive ecosystem here in Maine.
The CEI Women’s Business Center South serves entrepreneurs starting or growing a business in the following counties: Cumberland and York.
- Workshops, events, cohorts and classes on a variety of business issues that female business owners commonly face
- Opportunities to learn from and network with other female entrepreneurs
- A long-term relationship with our centers as you grow your business
- Resources tailored specifically to the challenges we know most impact female entrepreneurs
Our free, confidential advising covers topics including:
- Business plan development
- Financing options and access to capital
- Business skills, such as marketing and financial management
- Growth and expansion
- Buying or selling a business
*CEI aligns with the definition of women and female that explicitly includes not only cis women, but also trans women and femme/feminine-identifying genderqueer and non-binary individuals.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Interpretation is available upon request.
Rhona Beauty LLC
“When Rhona Johnson Deah first immigrated to the US in 2006 from West Africa, Guinea, she earned a degree as a medical assistant…”
“Bloom Consignments ensures that all individuals are able to find high-quality second hand clothing that is the right fit for them. Describe your business in one…”
House of Languages
“Dolgormaa Hersom has spent years serving Maine communities as a talented and passionate interpreter, but she consistently dreamed of something more. In 2011,…”