CEI – A Leader in Making a Difference
Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), is a mission-driven lender and a national leader in rural business development. Our focus on growing good jobs, environmentally sustainable enterprises, and shared prosperity can help you connect your work life to your values.
A Quality Employer
We don’t just help our clients grow good jobs at their businesses, we build them here at CEI.
Our staff is essential to our mission. As a result, CEI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for our permanent positions, opportunities for training/skill-building and a commitment to helping staff achieve a healthy work/life balance.
CEI is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture and workforce reflective of our mission and values. We want all staff to feel safe and respected for the work they do without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Competitive pay
- Health with health savings account (HSA) option
- Wellness reimbursement and regular Be Well programming
- Short and long term disability
- Long term care
- Life insurance
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending account (FSA)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with discretionary company contribution
- Paid parental leave
- No-cost wellness programming and fitness reimbursement
- Travel reimbursement
- Generous sick and vacation time in addition to 10 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday and 3 personal days per fiscal year
- Remote work benefit
A Collaborative and Engaging Place Workplace
CEI Staff care about their clients, their communities, the climate and their colleagues, which is why we build in opportunities to contribute and connect.
Our staff-led community team puts together a full calendar of activities for staff engagement and to support community-members in need, which have included:
- Annual Day of Service, assisting Brunswick area organizations like the Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program and the Brunswick Topsham Land Trust & Community Garden.
- Adopt-a-Veteran holiday drive
- Chili, Soups & Stews Cook-off
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake
Climate Action at Work
CEI believes we all need to take action reduce the impact of climate change and protect Maine’s natural resources, which is why we built our headquarters to LEED Platinum standards. We also partner with We Compost It! to reduce office waste, offer CSA pickups in office and participate in the Way2GOMaine Business Commuting Challenge to reduce our carbon footprint.
Header photo by Tim Greenway