CEI – A Leader in Making a Difference
Headquartered in Maine, CEI is a community development finance institution that is a national leader in rural economic and business development. CEI’s mission is to help grow good jobs, environmentally sustainable enterprises, and shared prosperity in Maine and in rural regions across the country by integrating financing, business and industry expertise, and policy solutions.
Over 70 percent of our financing and advice goes to businesses that are expanding opportunities for low-income communities, communities of color, and others who have been left behind by our economy.
A Quality Employer
We don’t just help our clients grow good jobs at their businesses, we build them here at CEI.
What we believe:
- We believe that an engaging and supportive work environment advances our mission.
- We believe in utilizing the many varied talents of our staff and in providing continual opportunities for development.
- We believe in open communication, innovation, integrity and autonomy.
- We believe in equity and strive to create a culture where diverse people feel a sense of ownership and belonging.
- We believe in generosity, life balance and trust.
- We believe in a culture where people can be their most authentic selves.
Benefits at CEI
Our staff is essential to our mission. As a result, CEI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for our permanent positions, opportunities for training/skill-building and a commitment to helping staff achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay
- Health with health savings account (HSA) option
- Wellness reimbursement and regular Be Well programming
- Short and long term disability
- Long term care
- Life insurance
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending account (FSA)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with discretionary company contribution
- Paid parental leave
- We’re committed to the creation of a breastfeeding-supportive culture employer so we offer pumpspotting as a free benefit available to all our baby-feeding employees and their families.
- No-cost wellness programming and fitness reimbursement
- Travel reimbursement
- Generous sick and vacation time in addition to 10 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday and 3 personal days per fiscal year
- Remote work benefit
CEI continues to place a high priority on the health and safety of our staff, our clients, and our communities. We continue to monitor and follow guidance from the Maine Centers for Disease Control and the US Centers for Disease Control. CEI staff have returned to working in a hybrid capacity- part of the week in-office, and part of the week remotely. For staff and visitors to our offices, we are adhering to optional indoor masking depending on the transmission rate in the county in which the office is located, proper hygiene, and social distancing protocols when recommended. Any visitors to the office must adhere to these same protocols. Our offices remain closed to the public, and we are maintaining a staff and visitor log at our primary location in Brunswick.
A Collaborative and Engaging Place Workplace
CEI Staff care about their clients, their communities, the climate and their colleagues, which is why we build in opportunities to contribute and connect.
Our staff-led community team puts together a full calendar of activities for staff engagement and to support community-members in need, which have included:
- Annual Day of Service, assisting Brunswick area organizations like the Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program and the Brunswick Topsham Land Trust & Community Garden.
- Adopt-a-Veteran holiday drive
- Chili, Soups & Stews Cook-off
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake
Climate Action at Work
CEI believes we all need to take action reduce the impact of climate change and protect Maine’s natural resources, which is why we built our headquarters to LEED Platinum standards. We also partner with We Compost It! to reduce office waste, offer CSA pickups in office and participate in the Way2GOMaine Business Commuting Challenge to reduce our carbon footprint.