Presented by CEI, Sponsored by FocusMaine
The CEI Tastemakers Initiative helps established food and beverage companies expand and improve production capacity, create jobs, and meet targeted growth goals by offering funding for tailored consulting and access to financial resources and investor networking opportunities.
This year’s Tastemakers Initiative is positioned to help Maine companies adjust to the current environment, while staying aligned to their original goals.
Applications to be a part of the 2021 Tastemakers cohort are now closed. Sign up below to be notified of the next application round in January 2022
Sign up to be notified of the next Tastemakers application
Tastemakers Funding of up to $20,000 will be awarded to five to seven companies to support the following areas:
- Consulting to pursue a strategic growth opportunity and/or strategic adjustment in light of COVID19 to meet long term production and capacity goals.
- Build local supply chains with Maine producers: Identify barriers to sourcing and distributing Maine local products, develop strategy to address and pilot solutions to build and expand on local supply chains.
- Organizational development (job descriptions, goal setting & performance reviews, benefits analysis, training, etc.) & workforce attraction and retention consulting
- Facility design, site engineering, process improvement, licensing and permitting
- Web platform development, e-commerce.
- Maine based and incorporated company
- Company sources from Maine agriculture, aquaculture or fisheries
- Company that produces food and beverages for human consumption. At this time, we cannot consider cannabis or hemp businesses for the Tastemakers initiative. Preference will be given to companies making everyday, healthy foods.
- Recipients of Tastemakers funds in 2020 are not eligible to apply for 2021 funding (must take one year off).
- Preference will be given to ‘shovel ready’ projects. All Tastemakers consulting projects must be completed by 8/31/2021.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
Participating companies will be selected through a competitive application process. All proposals will remain confidential.
Awards will be finalized during a project scoping meeting between the Tastemakers project team and applicants.