CEI offers a wide range of assistance to emerging and existing business owners. Through one-on-one consultation, training, workshops, seminars, peer networks and other services, CEI helps individuals across the state get the information they need to start or expand their business. Our one-on-one consultation is tailored to meet your needs and our training and workshops cover a range of key issues.
In addition to providing general business assistance, CEI has programs for women; marine-related businesses; farms; ag and food businesses; and refugees and immigrants.
- Small Business Development CenterFree, confidential advice for Maine business owners and entrepreneurs
- StartSmartBusiness development for refugees and immigrants
- Women's Business CenterBusiness advising, workshops and events for women in business
- Workforce SolutionsSmart strategies to attract and retain employees
- Child Care Business LabSkill-building for child care providers
Sustainable Food Systems Advice
CEI understands the challenges facing farms, fisheries, aquaculture businesses, food processors and manufacturers, and connections to target markets. Our sustainable agriculture, fisheries and aquaculture business specialists can help provide access to financing, business advising, and creative problem solving, and foster industry-wide collaboration.
- Aquaculture and FisheriesAdvice and financing solutions for fisheries, aquaculture and marine trades businesses
- Agriculture and Food BusinessesAdvice and financing solutions for agriculture and food systems businesses
CEI considers the pursuit of affordable and sustained homeownership to be an important component of individual and family stability, as well as the foundation for thriving and vibrant communities throughout the state. We have been providing this support to potential and current homeowners for nearly two decades. Our goal is to assist Mainers in making wise, informed choices in pursuing and retaining housing. CEI is certified by the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide housing counseling and has also adopted the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.
- Housing CounselingExpert advice for new and existing homeowners
- Homebuyer / HomeownerTraining opportunities for new and existing homeowners
- Financial WellnessCredit, debt and student loan counseling
- Resident Owned CommunitiesCoaching for Maine's resident-owned community members