Like you, we believe that investing in people and businesses strengthens communities.
Every day, we work with women, immigrants and refugees, first-time entrepreneurs and people who have lost their jobs or are in danger of losing their homes, who are striving hard to move down the path to economic self-sufficiency. We also help businesses improve the quality of the jobs they can provide with training resources, connections to resource providers, and advisory services.
Sustainable economic development has been at the heart of CEI’s work since 1977. We:
• finance businesses that otherwise cannot get loans or investments,
• work with entrepreneurs so their companies can be more profitable,
• connect employers with people looking for work,
• help jobseekers connect with training and jobs,
• counsel individuals and families looking to buy a new home or stay in a home where they live,
• support growth and innovation in Maine’s natural resource-based industries,
• support the growth of green businesses, and
• work to advance policies and partnerships that help ensure that all people, particularly those with low incomes and those living in rural communities, have the opportunity to work and achieve a decent livelihood for themselves and their family.
Your financial contribution will allow us to grow this critical work in a time of ongoing economic uncertainty and change. Please click here to donate.
Thank you for your generosity and compassion.