From Start-Up to Sustainability
The Downeast Business Boot Camp & Pitch-Off is a collaborative effort of resource partners in Washington and Hancock counties designed to encourage, engage and create community for Downeast entrepreneurs.
A six-day intensive (non-consecutive) training + prep program for early-stage business owners leading up to a final pitch for prize money. Young enterprises in operation from 1- 3 years will strengthen their business confidence in a collaborative atmosphere as they compete in a final judged pitch event. Each enterprise team will work with an assigned mentor to hone their business and presentation skills needed to grow a sustainable business.
WHO can apply?
Any small business in Hancock or Washington county in operation for 1 – 3 years with less than 10 employees and a revenue cap of $500,000. Six businesses will be chosen to participate with two participants from each enterprise. (Owner +1)
To be eligible to apply, enterprises must meet the following criteria:
- Business owners who are eager to improve the sustainability of their business
- Small Businesses in Hancock or Washington Counties (Year-round businesses will be given preference) Any small business in operation for 1 – 3 years with less than 10 employees and a revenue cap of $500,000.
- Access to internet and a reliable computer (or willingness to work with the Bootcamp committee to arrange for accessibility at one of our partner satellite locations)
- Two people from your enterprise commit to attend the entire schedule of six afternoon meetings online between March 4th- March 25th, plus 2-3 additional check-ins with your assigned mentor TBD according to your convenience. The final pitch competition takes place on March 25th at the end of the day.
WHAT will I learn?
Business essentials from mentors and small business advisors, including marketing, financials, creating your value, defining and projecting for success, and more.
WHERE will the Boot Camp meet?
Meet online as a cohort on the afternoons (2 – 5 p.m.) of March 4th,15th,18th,22nd,24th, (additional mentor meet-ups TBD in between as needed) and the final Pitch event on March 25th
The Boot Camp culminates with a live online Pitch competition. A combination of cash and in-kind services will be awarded to two winners chosen by a panel of judges, and one audience choice. ($5,000 first prize, $3,500 second prize & $1,000 Audience Choice)
How do I apply?
Please answer each question below as specifically and succinctly as possible.
- Deadline for applications is Friday, February 11th, 2022 at midnight EST .
- Applicants will be notified by February 18th.