- January 11, 2017
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This 2.5 hour seminar on January 11th from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by MaineHousing and meets Fannie Mae’s Guidelines.
The course will cover tenant issues including: applications, screening and reference checks, fair housing, leases vs. tenancies at will, security deposits, eviction procedures; and building issues including: property maintenance and repairs, lead and carbon monoxide rules, budgeting, bookkeeping and managing expenses.
Completion of this course fulfills landlord training requirements.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion. The non-refundable cost for this seminar is $35.00/person.
Please note: Deadline for registrations is January 4th. Space is limited, so prepayment is required to reserve your seat. Please do not bring children.
For more information about the Homeownership Education programs, including training in the Fundamentals of Landlording, contact us at 504-5884.
Participants are asked to bring a calculator, pencil and notebook to class.
Venue: St. Mary’s Hospital
99 Campus Ave., Lewiston, Maine
Driving Directions to St. Mary’s Hospital, 99 Campus Ave.
(From the Maine Turnpike)
Exit the Maine Turnpike (I-95) at Lewiston (Exit 80 – Used to be Exit #13).
- Turn left at the stop sign at the end of the exit ramp.
- Continue straight to the stop lights at the corner with Ramada Inn.
- Turn left onto Pleasant Street.
- Continue on Pleasant Street until you reach a stop light at East Avenue.
- Turn right on East Avenue and go 0.8 miles through two stop lights and almost to a third set of lights.
- At Campus Avenue, about a block before third set of lights, turn left. (There’s a small blue sign for Bates College and Hospital.)
- Go through the stop lights at Campus and Sabattus.
- The parking lots are on your right.
Enter the building. You will see a circular desk with signs nearby. The class is to the right in Potvin room.