As businesses grow and scale, venture capital may be a feasible source of equity investment. We are lucky to have several Maine-based venture capital funds that invest in our local startups.
In this third part of a three-part series on equity investments, you’ll learn about the ins and outs of leveraging venture capital to raise equity for your business.
During this session, we’ll cover:
- What is venture capital?
- What does a venture capital investment mean for you and your business?
- What types of businesses are a good fit?
- What stage of business is a good fit?
- What’s the “average” investment size?
- I think I’m a candidate for venture capital. Now what?
We’ll leave time for Q&A at the end of the session.
If you have specific questions you’d like to make sure we cover, or a scenario you’d like us to generalize and use as an example, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop will be presented by Nina Scheepers of the Maine Venture Fund and Chandler Jones of Coastal Ventures.
- Mar30Venture Capital: Accepting Equity Investment from Venture Capital FundsAs businesses grow and scale, venture capital may be a feasible source of equity investment. We are lucky to have several Maine-based venture capital funds…
- Apr4Intentional Business: Create a Strategy to Drive ChangeDo you have a strategy that can drive the right changes in your business? Do you feel like you need an intentional and focused view of your…
- Apr5Hiring ChecklistJoin experts from the Bureau of Labor Standards to learn what you need to know when it comes to hiring an employee! Wage & Hour…
- Apr5Spokeswomen ISpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators for a wide range of situations. How does it…