Do you have a business idea? Just getting started? Need to grow or refresh your business? Do you like to read and want to get inspired? Are there personal skills you’d like to strengthen for your professional success?
Together we’ll read about what it takes to think creatively, follow your passion and build your confidence. We’ll use the following books as a basis for our conversations and try out some free, online tools that can help us to think, plan and take action.
We will invite guests who can help to bring the books and topics to life and serve as real-world models from women within our community who have taken a leap in following their dreams. Books are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to be picked up from Porter Library in Machias. Registration required. $25 refundable book deposit or bring your own books.
- Lean In – Women, Work and the will to lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- The Creator’s Code – The Six Essential Skills of Extraordinary Entrepreneurs by Amy Wilkinson
- Do Cool Sh*t – (Quit your day job, Start your own business & Live happily ever after) by Miki Agrawal
- The Confidence Code – The science and art of self-assurance – what women should know by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman
- Women Going for It! – Taking Risks After 50 by Diana Coleman
- The Sassy Ladies’ Toolkit for Start-Up Businesses – by Michelle Girasole, Wendy Hanson, and Miriam Perry
Meetings will take place at the Porter Memorial Library on Tuesday evenings from 5:00-6:30.
- October 22, 2019
- November 19, 2019
- January 21, 2020
- February 25th, 2020
- March 24th, 2020
- April 21st, 2020
For more information, please contact Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Oct15FocusME: Growth Stage Business Peer Group, Fall 2019 (8:30am start)The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…
- Oct15FocusME: Early Stage Business Peer Group, Fall 2019 (11:00am start)The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…
- Oct22FocusME: Growth Stage Business Peer Group, Spring 2019 (8:30am start)The Women’s Business Center at CEI and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. This…