In this workshop we will address some of the common tax preparation questions that arise for LLCs that are taxed as disregarded entities, partnerships, and S-corporations. Attendees can expect the following topics to be covered:
- Review of how flow-through entities are taxed and what filings are required
- Review of how self-employment and income taxes are calculated
- Tax deductible expenses
- Easy and practical methods of record keeping
- Important tax deadlines
- Common tax mistakes of small business owners
- Quarterly taxes: what they are, how they’re calculated, when they need to be paid
This workshop will be presented by attorneys Kate and Jason Rayne, Owners of Lanman Rayne, a Portland law firm that focuses on business, tax, real estate, and estate planning.
This workshop will be held at the Marine Trade Center, located at 2 Portland Fish Pier, in the 2nd floor conference room (next to CEI’s offices). There are 3-hour visitor parking spots available in the drive-up circle, as well as 2-hour and 30-minute visitor spots next to the building. Street parking is also available on Commercial St. Please do not park elsewhere on the Fish Pier as you risk being ticketed or towed.
- PROPELLER 2Propeller 2 is designed for women who have participated in Propeller 1 and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller…
- Sep21Celebrating Women’s Entrepreneurship: The Power of Passion and PerseverenceClick here to register for the event. Women-owned businesses are thriving in Maine! The U.S. Small Business Administration, in conjunction with SCORE Maine and the…
- Sep22Shipping 101: Understanding the Nuts & Bolts of Small Business ShippingAre you looking for some assistance with navigating the wide array of options to creatively, safely, and cost effectively ship your product to customers? In…
- Sep23Pruning Your WFH (Work From Home) SpaceIs your at-home workspace working for you? Join CeCe Camacho, organizing & lifestyle consultant in this free, interactive 1-hr. virtual atelier and discover the power…