In this workshop we will address some of the common tax preparation questions that arise for LLCs that are taxed as disregarded entities, partnerships, and S-corporations. Attendees can expect the following topics to be covered:
- Review of how flow-through entities are taxed and what filings are required
- Review of how self-employment and income taxes are calculated
- Tax deductible expenses
- Easy and practical methods of record keeping
- Important tax deadlines
- Common tax mistakes of small business owners
- Quarterly taxes: what they are, how they’re calculated, when they need to be paid
This workshop will be presented by attorneys Kate and Jason Rayne, Owners of Lanman Rayne, a Portland law firm that focuses on business, tax, real estate, and estate planning.
This workshop will be held at the Marine Trade Center, located at 2 Portland Fish Pier, in the 2nd floor conference room (next to CEI’s offices). There are 3-hour visitor parking spots available in the drive-up circle, as well as 2-hour and 30-minute visitor spots next to the building. Street parking is also available on Commercial St. Please do not park elsewhere on the Fish Pier as you risk being ticketed or towed.
- Creating Your Business: A Fresh Approach to Developing Your Business PlanBusiness planning can be especially overwhelming, confusing, and feel irrelevant to your passion and desire for creating a business. In this 5-week peer learning group, we…
- May12FocusME Spring 2021: Wednesday 8:30am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…
- May12LinkedIn for Business, Pt. IIIn this workshop, you will share your LinkedIn business profile with the group in a “show & tell” style session, where you will be able…
- May12FocusME Spring 2021: Wednesday 11:00am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…