Join the CEI Women’s Business Center and fellow Propeller alumnae for a reunion. You’ll have an opportunity to practice your pitch, network with other alumnae, and learn about upcoming opportunities.
We miss you!
We hope you’ll join us on Wednesday, November 16th for our first Propeller Reunion!
- Anyone who has completed Propeller I and or II.
How should I prepare?
- Dust off your 1-minute pitch. Hopefully it’s not too dusty.
- Come with a business-related brag. This can range from “hey, I’m still thinking about this thing, and I haven’t given up hope!” to “I have 10 paying customers and a new big contract!”
- Come with an ask for the group. Maybe you need a certain professional contact. A recommendation for the right software to help you out. Or someone to critique your pitch. This is your moment to take advantage of the groups’ collective brainpower.
What will we do at the reunion?
- We’ll kick off with a few fun Propeller stats about where we’ve been and where we’re headed.
- Each attendee will have about 3 minutes of airtime for your pitch, brag, and ask.
- We’ll share some upcoming opportunities that might be a good fit for your next steps. These will include local courses, pitch competitions, etc.
Can I eat and drink during the reunion? Can my kids and/or pets be in the background?
- Yes! We will encourage you to turn your cameras on and be present, but we know life happens in the zoom background.
Will you do this again?
- Likely. If it feels like a success and there’s interest, we’ll aim to do something like this quarterly. We’ll welcome your feedback.
- Mar30Venture Capital: Accepting Equity Investment from Venture Capital FundsAs businesses grow and scale, venture capital may be a feasible source of equity investment. We are lucky to have several Maine-based venture capital funds…
- Apr4Intentional Business: Create a Strategy to Drive ChangeDo you have a strategy that can drive the right changes in your business? Do you feel like you need an intentional and focused view of your…
- Apr5Hiring ChecklistJoin experts from the Bureau of Labor Standards to learn what you need to know when it comes to hiring an employee! Wage & Hour…
- Apr5Spokeswomen ISpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators for a wide range of situations. How does it…