Spokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective public speakers.
How does it work? Through 10 biweekly 2-hour sessions, you will develop your own personal style by deepening your understanding of persuasive tools and practicing storytelling through a range of speaking scenarios. Participants will practice delivering planned speeches, providing and giving feedback, initiating difficult conversations, and improvisational skills through impromptu speaking. This program will be facilitated by strategic communication expert Caitlin Thompson. Spokeswomen will have a maximum of 15 members in order to give speaking opportunities to all members in the allotted two-hour meeting window. This also creates a sense of community to help build trust and bonding among members.
When does Spokeswomen begin? We will be kicking off our first two Spokeswomen cohorts in January 2020 in Portland, ME. Upon registering, we will contact you and ask you to complete a short questionnaire to help us learn more about your public speaking goals. We will review your responses and contact you with any questions we might have.
What happens at the end of the course? The course will culminate with a final speaking event, at which each participant will present their “goal speech”. This event will be open to friends, family, and the public.
Who should sign up? Female entrepreneurs
How much does the program cost? $250 per person
What if my business does not entail public speaking? Spokeswomen will help to build your comfort with speaking up in all kinds of situations that you may find yourself in as an entrepreneur — making a pitch, speaking in front of groups, interviewing, selling, negotiating, and more. No matter what kind of business you own, your ability to communicate your message is essential.
What are the program dates, times, and location? We will offer Spokeswomen at two different times on Tuesdays — 1:30pm-3:30pm and 5:30pm-7:30pm. The groups will meet at CEI’s Women’s Business Center on the following dates:
- January 14th & 28th, 2020
- Feb 11th & 25th, 2020
- March 10th & 24th, 2020
- April 14th & 28th, 2020
- May 12th & 26th, 2020
If you have additional questions, please contact Anna Ackerman at email@example.com.
- Spokeswomen in partnership with: Spokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. We are pleased to…
- Oct28FocusME: Early Stage Business Peer Group (Wednesdays), Fall 2020 (8:30am start)The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…
- Oct28Master the Pivot Mastermind: Creating the Mindset and Map for Shifting Your Business during This PandemicThe term “pivot” has become a buzzword referring to a significant business change — ranging from mild to dramatic. During this virtual and interactive mastermind,…
- Oct28FocusME 2.0 Business Peer Group, Fall 2020 (11:00am start, Wednesdays)The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME 2.0, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. Join…