for Women Entrepreneurs,
Speaker Sisterhood is a network of speaking clubs created exclusively for women, which offers a structured, facilitated curriculum that is designed to help women use public speaking and presentation skills to advance their business or career, enhance their leadership impact, build confidence, and increase visibility for themselves and their businesses through speaking opportunities. We are excited to be bringing Speaker Sisterhood to Portland with the launch of our club in September, 2018!
How does it work?
The Speaker Sisterhood curriculum, “The Secret Life of Speaking Up”, is a year-long program. The curriculum contains 10 speech exercises that range from 5 minutes to 12 minutes in speech duration. The club will meet in the evening (time TBD) at CoworkHERS in Portland, twice per month and a total of 20 times per year (some months there will only be one meeting due to holidays and snow days). Our club will have a maximum of 15 members in order to give speaking opportunities to all members in the allotted two-hour meeting window. This also creates a sense of community to help build trust and bonding among members.
Participants will practice:
- Delivering planned speeches
- Asking for, giving, and receiving thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Improvisational skills through exercises and impromptu speeches
- Initiating and navigating difficult conversations
- Self-assurance while selling, pitching and negotiating
Who is facilitating?
Our club will be facilitated by Caitlin Murphy, Event Director at CoworkHERS. With over ten years of experience in marketing and advertising, and working with clients on strategic communication strategies as an entrepreneur herself, Caitlin is excited to team up with the Women’s Business Center at CEI and Speaker Sisterhood to offer what we expect will prove to be a unique, and powerful program for all participants.
What does it cost?
The cost to participate in the program is $300. Payments can be split or paid in full upon registration. This includes twenty 2-hour meetings, your own copy of “The Secret Life of Speaking Up: A Guide for Using Public Speaking as a Tool for Self-Discovery”, a members-only library of public speaking tools, videos, worksheets and exercises, discounted rates for special Speaker Sisterhood programs, and guest attendance at other clubs throughout New England.
If you have additional questions, please contact Kate Curran at email@example.com or at (207) 535-2492.
- Propeller IIPropeller II is designed for women who have participated in Propeller and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller II…
- Propeller I (April-May)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Creating Your Business: A Fresh Approach to Developing Your Business PlanBusiness planning can be especially overwhelming, confusing, and feel irrelevant to your passion and desire for creating a business. In this 5-week peer learning group, we…
- Apr20FocusME Spring 2021: Tuesday 8:30am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…