A Workshop With Opticliff Law
This workshop will address key legal issues that small businesses should be aware of when dealing with contracts, customers and advertising. During this workshop you will discuss questions such as:
- What are the key legal issues to consider in dealing with clients?
- How do I put together a contract to use with clients?
- How do I make sure I get paid, how do I manage the client’s expectations, how do I make sure I properly grant (or license) to the client any intellectual property that I am creating for them? (this applies to anybody in the creative and artistic fields, including software/website development, copywriting, marketing, etc.)
- What do I do if a client disputes a fee or claims I didn’t do what the job called for?
- What are the basics of advertising law that I should think about? (this covers laws regarding sweepstakes offers, paid product endorsements, truth-in-advertising laws, and website privacy policies).
When: Tuesday, December 6, 9:00–10:30am
Where: Portland Public Library, Meeting Room #4
- Feb3February Biz Fit: Let’s Get PhysicalWhether you work outdoors, in a gym or kitchen, or pull lobster traps – What are the pros / cons of physical work? What do…
- Feb6Home Buyers Education Live Webinar February 6 7, and 8th from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Feb7The Purpose of PinterestIn this interactive 1-hour virtual workshop, WBC Social Media Consultant Katie Kelley will explain how Pinterest can be used to generate traffic to your website…
- Feb8Propeller Pop-UpJoin the CEI Women’s Business Center and fellow Propeller alumnae for a get-together. You’ll have an opportunity to practice your pitch, network with other alumnae,…