A Workshop With Opticliff Law
This workshop will address key legal issues that small businesses should be aware of when dealing with contracts, customers and advertising. During this workshop you will discuss questions such as:
- What are the key legal issues to consider in dealing with clients?
- How do I put together a contract to use with clients?
- How do I make sure I get paid, how do I manage the client’s expectations, how do I make sure I properly grant (or license) to the client any intellectual property that I am creating for them? (this applies to anybody in the creative and artistic fields, including software/website development, copywriting, marketing, etc.)
- What do I do if a client disputes a fee or claims I didn’t do what the job called for?
- What are the basics of advertising law that I should think about? (this covers laws regarding sweepstakes offers, paid product endorsements, truth-in-advertising laws, and website privacy policies).
When: Tuesday, December 6, 9:00–10:30am
Where: Portland Public Library, Meeting Room #4
- SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group for Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Afternoon Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Evening Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…