A Workshop With Opticliff Law
This workshop will address key legal issues that small businesses should be aware of when dealing with contracts, customers and advertising. During this workshop you will discuss questions such as:
- What are the key legal issues to consider in dealing with clients?
- How do I put together a contract to use with clients?
- How do I make sure I get paid, how do I manage the client’s expectations, how do I make sure I properly grant (or license) to the client any intellectual property that I am creating for them? (this applies to anybody in the creative and artistic fields, including software/website development, copywriting, marketing, etc.)
- What do I do if a client disputes a fee or claims I didn’t do what the job called for?
- What are the basics of advertising law that I should think about? (this covers laws regarding sweepstakes offers, paid product endorsements, truth-in-advertising laws, and website privacy policies).
When: Tuesday, December 6, 9:00–10:30am
Where: Portland Public Library, Meeting Room #4
- Oct10Home Buyers Education Live Webinar October 10, 11, and 12th from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Oct18SBDC @ CEI Start-Up Checklist WebinarIt is an understatement to say that starting a business is overwhelming! Are you concerned with forgetting to get an important license, getting in trouble…
- Oct20Owning and Managing Rental Properties October 20, 2022The will be held as a live webinar This 2.5 hour seminar on October 20, 2022 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine…
- Nov8SBDC @ CEI Start-Up Checklist WebinarIt is an understatement to say that starting a business is overwhelming! Are you concerned with forgetting to get an important license, getting in trouble…