A Workshop With Opticliff Law
This workshop will address key legal issues that small businesses should be aware of when dealing with contracts, customers and advertising. During this workshop you will discuss questions such as:
- What are the key legal issues to consider in dealing with clients?
- How do I put together a contract to use with clients?
- How do I make sure I get paid, how do I manage the client’s expectations, how do I make sure I properly grant (or license) to the client any intellectual property that I am creating for them? (this applies to anybody in the creative and artistic fields, including software/website development, copywriting, marketing, etc.)
- What do I do if a client disputes a fee or claims I didn’t do what the job called for?
- What are the basics of advertising law that I should think about? (this covers laws regarding sweepstakes offers, paid product endorsements, truth-in-advertising laws, and website privacy policies).
When: Tuesday, December 6, 9:00–10:30am
Where: Portland Public Library, Meeting Room #4
- Dec3Pints & PolicyJoin us for Pints & Policy, a monthly BYOB meetup for female entrepreneurs interested in learning more about policymaking, engaging with legislators, and meeting peers…
- Dec8Business MastermindIn this 2-hour Business Mastermind with Mallika Malhotra, we will focus on rethinking your value proposition, shifting your messaging, and establishing how you want your business…
- Dec9FocusME: COVID-19 Edition, Fall 2020 (11:00am start, Tuesdays)Female-led businesses are particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic as they face structural barriers, limited access to finance, and information asymmetry. That’s why we…
- Dec15FocusME: Early Stage Business Peer Group (Tuesdays), Fall 2020 (8:30am start)The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…