A Workshop With Opticliff Law
This workshop will address key legal issues that small businesses should be aware of when dealing with contracts, customers and advertising. During this workshop you will discuss questions such as:
- What are the key legal issues to consider in dealing with clients?
- How do I put together a contract to use with clients?
- How do I make sure I get paid, how do I manage the client’s expectations, how do I make sure I properly grant (or license) to the client any intellectual property that I am creating for them? (this applies to anybody in the creative and artistic fields, including software/website development, copywriting, marketing, etc.)
- What do I do if a client disputes a fee or claims I didn’t do what the job called for?
- What are the basics of advertising law that I should think about? (this covers laws regarding sweepstakes offers, paid product endorsements, truth-in-advertising laws, and website privacy policies).
When: Tuesday, December 6, 9:00–10:30am
Where: Portland Public Library, Meeting Room #4
- Propeller I (April-May)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Creating Your Business: A Fresh Approach to Developing Your Business PlanBusiness planning can be especially overwhelming, confusing, and feel irrelevant to your passion and desire for creating a business. In this 5-week peer learning group, we…
- May10Home Buyers Education Live Webinar May 10, 11, & 12 from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- May11FocusME Spring 2021: Tuesday 8:30am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…