The Women’s Business Center at CEI and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host a series peer groups for female entrepreneurs. This is an invitation only event.*
How does it work? A group of smart, savvy, female entrepreneurs meet every 3 weeks for a total of six sessions to tackle challenges and problems together. They lean on each other, give advice, share connections and experiences and do business with each other if/when appropriate.
Each session will include a focus on personal development, as well as an opportunity to share business challenges and brainstorm solutions. The peer group will be source of support, referrals and networking as you discuss common business challenges. The focus is on personal development that will impact your business growth for 2015.
The sessions will be facilitated by Leigh Tillman. Leigh works with groups facilitating decision-making, group processes, and training. Her work focuses on:
- Helping people hear one another to find common ground so that groups can make realistic, tangible, innovative, and informed decisions
- Supporting organizations in the ever-unfolding element of team engagement and collaboration
- Offering facilitative trainings from Telling Impactful Stories to Conflict Transformation in the Workplace
As a female entrepreneur herself, Leigh is excited to team up with CEI and SCORE to offer what we expect will prove to be a unique, rewarding, and candidly helpful series for all participants. You can learn more about her at leightillmanfacilitation.wordpress.com
*Why is it invitation only?
By keeping this group small, we will allow for more meaningful dialogue and conversation. If you’re interested in participating in a future peer group, please email Sarah Guerette at the Women’s Business Center at CEI to learn about upcoming groups.
Wednesday March 18th; Tuesday April 7th; Tuesday April 28th; Wednesday May 20th, Tuesday June 9th, and Tuesday June 30th. 8:30 am to 10:30 am.
Upon registering, you are expected to make an effort to attend each of the six sessions.
Coffee by Design at 1 Diamond Street in Portland
What does it cost?
$89 for the series. That’s less than $15 per session.
Requirements include: sales, a website, and a desire to grow your business. We aim to have 8 participants in this first round.
- Jul11Home Buyers Education Live Webinar July 11, 12, and 13th from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Jul13Creating Your BusinessBusiness planning can feel at odds with your passion and desire for creating a business. But it doesn’t have to! In this 1.5 hour session,…
- Jul13Owning and Managing Rental Properties July 13, 2022The will be held as a live webinar This 2.5 hour seminar on July 13, 2022 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine…
- Jul23Home Buyers Education Live Webinar July 23rd – 1 Day Live WebinarCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…