This workshop has been postponed. Please stay tuned for the new date and time!
This workshop, presented by startup attorney Adam Nyhan of Opticliff Law, surveys the most important legal issues that startups should address in their critical early stages when legal budgets are small but decisions can have important future effects on the company. We’ll separate the truly important legal issues from the ones startups can postpone until their budget grows. Attendees will leave with checklists and reference materials to keep for future reference.
- Ownership of intellectual property
- What to know about including volunteers and freelancers in the founding team
- Whether and when to form a company
- How to design the company for growth and possible investment
- How non-disclosure agreements (NDA), and non-compete agreements with a founders’ previous employers can cause problems for a new startup, and how to resolve those potential problems
While this workshop is designed especially for technology startups (companies making software or hardware), it is still relevant to more traditional small businesses in their early stages.
*Please note this workshop will be held at the Marine Trade Center, where CEI’s Portland office is located, at 2 Portland Fish Pier in the second floor conference room.
- Oct10Home Buyers Education Live Webinar October 10, 11, and 12th from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Oct18SBDC @ CEI Start-Up Checklist WebinarIt is an understatement to say that starting a business is overwhelming! Are you concerned with forgetting to get an important license, getting in trouble…
- Oct20Owning and Managing Rental Properties October 20, 2022The will be held as a live webinar This 2.5 hour seminar on October 20, 2022 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine…
- Nov8SBDC @ CEI Start-Up Checklist WebinarIt is an understatement to say that starting a business is overwhelming! Are you concerned with forgetting to get an important license, getting in trouble…