This workshop has been postponed. Please stay tuned for the new date and time!
This workshop, presented by startup attorney Adam Nyhan of Opticliff Law, surveys the most important legal issues that startups should address in their critical early stages when legal budgets are small but decisions can have important future effects on the company. We’ll separate the truly important legal issues from the ones startups can postpone until their budget grows. Attendees will leave with checklists and reference materials to keep for future reference.
- Ownership of intellectual property
- What to know about including volunteers and freelancers in the founding team
- Whether and when to form a company
- How to design the company for growth and possible investment
- How non-disclosure agreements (NDA), and non-compete agreements with a founders’ previous employers can cause problems for a new startup, and how to resolve those potential problems
While this workshop is designed especially for technology startups (companies making software or hardware), it is still relevant to more traditional small businesses in their early stages.
*Please note this workshop will be held at the Marine Trade Center, where CEI’s Portland office is located, at 2 Portland Fish Pier in the second floor conference room.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Portland SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective public speakers. How does it work? Through 10 biweekly 2-hour sessions,…
- Farmington SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective public speakers. How does it work? Through 10 biweekly 2-hour sessions,…
- Apr8Business Resources Q&A with Sarah GueretteDirector of the CEI Women’s Business Center Sarah Guerette will be meeting with FocusME participants (past and present) for a virtual Q&A about business resources…