This workshop with Opticliff Law, LLC will survey legal issues that should be understood by graphic designers, website developers and custom software developers as well as the small business owners who hire them. In an interactive presentation format, we’ll answer the questions below and more. Attendees will walk away with useful legal checklists to keep and consult in the future.
Intellectual property foundation concepts
- What types of intellectual property cover a website or software?
- Between the developer and her client, who should own what I.P.?
- How should contracts deal with I.P.?
Keeping the developer-client relationship happy
- How to design a relationship that ensures business owners get what they paid for and the developer or designer gets paid promptly and fairly
- Defining the scope of the designer or developer’s work
- Keeping the project on budget and on deadline
- Checklist: Must-have clauses to include in each development or design contract
Privacy policies & privacy law
- What are the key privacy laws that address websites and software?
- Who needs privacy policies, and how do we write them?
This workshop will be presented by Opticliff Law’s Adam Nyhan, Esq.
Location: This workshop will be held in the 2nd floor conference room of the Marine Trade Center, at 2 Portland Fish Pier, where CEI’s Portland office is located.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Feb27Brand Strategy for Small BusinessWhat is the right brand to support your business? Ok, so you know what business you want to play in and what your business goals…
- Mar5Baxter Business WorksOur Katahdin, in partnership with CEI, will host a six class serious around business growth strategies. Participating businesses will be matched with a mentor based…
- Mar6Bringing Your Brand to LifeHow should you look, feel, speak, and interact in order to create your defined brand experience for customers? Great, now you can tell people the…