This workshop with Opticliff Law, LLC will survey legal issues that should be understood by graphic designers, website developers and custom software developers as well as the small business owners who hire them. In an interactive presentation format, we’ll answer the questions below and more. Attendees will walk away with useful legal checklists to keep and consult in the future.
Intellectual property foundation concepts
- What types of intellectual property cover a website or software?
- Between the developer and her client, who should own what I.P.?
- How should contracts deal with I.P.?
Keeping the developer-client relationship happy
- How to design a relationship that ensures business owners get what they paid for and the developer or designer gets paid promptly and fairly
- Defining the scope of the designer or developer’s work
- Keeping the project on budget and on deadline
- Checklist: Must-have clauses to include in each development or design contract
Privacy policies & privacy law
- What are the key privacy laws that address websites and software?
- Who needs privacy policies, and how do we write them?
This workshop will be presented by Opticliff Law’s Adam Nyhan, Esq.
Location: This workshop will be held in the 2nd floor conference room of the Marine Trade Center, at 2 Portland Fish Pier, where CEI’s Portland office is located.
- Jul11Home Buyers Education Live Webinar July 11, 12, and 13th from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Jul13Creating Your BusinessBusiness planning can feel at odds with your passion and desire for creating a business. But it doesn’t have to! In this 1.5 hour session,…
- Jul13Owning and Managing Rental Properties July 13, 2022The will be held as a live webinar This 2.5 hour seminar on July 13, 2022 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine…
- Jul23Home Buyers Education Live Webinar July 23rd – 1 Day Live WebinarCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…