This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Financial Training Program (April 2019 start)Our Financial Training Program includes a series of workshops, resources, and individual advising sessions that are designed to provide clients with the knowledge and tools…
- Jul13Home Buyers Education July 13, 2019 South PortlandCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class, a 1…
- Jul17Owning and Managing Rental Properties July 17, 2019This 2.5 hour seminar on July 17, 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing. The course will cover tenant issues including: applications, screening…