This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- Propeller IIPropeller II is designed for women who have participated in Propeller and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller II…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group for Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- FocusME 2.0 Fall 2021: Tuesday 8:30AM-10:30AM CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. Join us…
- FocusME Fall 2021: Tuesday 11AM-1PM CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…