This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- Creating Your Business: A Fresh Approach to Developing Your Business PlanBusiness planning can be especially overwhelming, confusing, and feel irrelevant to your passion and desire for creating a business. In this 5-week peer learning group, we…
- May12FocusME Spring 2021: Wednesday 8:30am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…
- May12LinkedIn for Business, Pt. IIIn this workshop, you will share your LinkedIn business profile with the group in a “show & tell” style session, where you will be able…
- May12FocusME Spring 2021: Wednesday 11:00am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…