This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Feb27Brand Strategy for Small BusinessWhat is the right brand to support your business? Ok, so you know what business you want to play in and what your business goals…
- Mar5Baxter Business WorksOur Katahdin, in partnership with CEI, will host a six class serious around business growth strategies. Participating businesses will be matched with a mentor based…
- Mar6Bringing Your Brand to LifeHow should you look, feel, speak, and interact in order to create your defined brand experience for customers? Great, now you can tell people the…