This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- Jul8PROPELLER 2Propeller 2 is designed for women who have participated in Propeller 1 and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller…
- Jul13Home Buyers Education Live Webinar July 13, 14 & 15 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Jul14PROPELLERTech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Jul15Owning and Managing Rental Properties July 15, 2020This 2.5 hour seminar on July 15, 2020 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing. The course will cover tenant issues including: applications,…