This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- Mar1Mind Your Own Business: A 28-Day Business Plan Challenge in FebruaryIs the idea of preparing a business plan overwhelming? Whether you’ve been in business for years, or are imagining starting your own business, a plan…
- Mar2Spokeswomen (Tuesday Cohort)Spokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Mar3FocusME Covid-19 Edition Winter 2021Female-led businesses are particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic as they face structural barriers, limited access to finance, and information asymmetry. That’s why we…
- Mar3Branding MastermindIn this 2-hour Branding Mastermind with Mallika Malhotra, we will focus on your brand messaging, your brand positioning and your profitable niche. You can expect that this will be…