This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- PROPELLER 2Propeller 2 is designed for women who have participated in Propeller 1 and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller…
- Sep21Celebrating Women’s Entrepreneurship: The Power of Passion and PerseverenceClick here to register for the event. Women-owned businesses are thriving in Maine! The U.S. Small Business Administration, in conjunction with SCORE Maine and the…
- Sep22Shipping 101: Understanding the Nuts & Bolts of Small Business ShippingAre you looking for some assistance with navigating the wide array of options to creatively, safely, and cost effectively ship your product to customers? In…
- Sep23Pruning Your WFH (Work From Home) SpaceIs your at-home workspace working for you? Join CeCe Camacho, organizing & lifestyle consultant in this free, interactive 1-hr. virtual atelier and discover the power…