This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
- Jun6Tuesday Toast TalksJoin WBC Business Advisor, Jodi Cordes, for a networking breakfast with female business owners from Greater Franklin County! New, existing, or potential business owners come…
- Jun12Home Buyers Education Live Webinar June 12, 13, and 14th from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Jun21Owning and Managing Rental Properties June 21, 2023The will be held as a live webinar This 2.5 hour seminar on June 21. 2023 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine…
- Jun24Home Buyers Education Live Webinar June 24- 1 Day Live WebinarCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…