This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
- Mar1Mind Your Own Business: A 28-Day Business Plan Challenge in FebruaryIs the idea of preparing a business plan overwhelming? Whether you’ve been in business for years, or are imagining starting your own business, a plan…
- Mar2Spokeswomen (Tuesday Cohort)Spokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Mar3FocusME Covid-19 Edition Winter 2021Female-led businesses are particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic as they face structural barriers, limited access to finance, and information asymmetry. That’s why we…
- Mar3Branding MastermindIn this 2-hour Branding Mastermind with Mallika Malhotra, we will focus on your brand messaging, your brand positioning and your profitable niche. You can expect that this will be…