This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Financial Training Program (April 2019 start)Our Financial Training Program includes a series of workshops, resources, and individual advising sessions that are designed to provide clients with the knowledge and tools…
- Jul13Home Buyers Education July 13, 2019 South PortlandCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class, a 1…
- Jul17Owning and Managing Rental Properties July 17, 2019This 2.5 hour seminar on July 17, 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing. The course will cover tenant issues including: applications, screening…