This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
- Creating Your Business: A Fresh Approach to Developing Your Business PlanBusiness planning can be especially overwhelming, confusing, and feel irrelevant to your passion and desire for creating a business. In this 5-week peer learning group, we…
- May12FocusME Spring 2021: Wednesday 8:30am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…
- May12LinkedIn for Business, Pt. IIIn this workshop, you will share your LinkedIn business profile with the group in a “show & tell” style session, where you will be able…
- May12FocusME Spring 2021: Wednesday 11:00am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…