This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
- Propeller IIPropeller II is designed for women who have participated in Propeller and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller II…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group for Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- FocusME 2.0 Fall 2021: Tuesday 8:30AM-10:30AM CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. Join us…
- FocusME Fall 2021: Tuesday 11AM-1PM CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…