This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
- SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group for Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Afternoon Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Evening Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…