This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
- PROPELLER 2Propeller 2 is designed for women who have participated in Propeller 1 and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller…
- Sep21Celebrating Women’s Entrepreneurship: The Power of Passion and PerseverenceClick here to register for the event. Women-owned businesses are thriving in Maine! The U.S. Small Business Administration, in conjunction with SCORE Maine and the…
- Sep22Shipping 101: Understanding the Nuts & Bolts of Small Business ShippingAre you looking for some assistance with navigating the wide array of options to creatively, safely, and cost effectively ship your product to customers? In…
- Sep23Pruning Your WFH (Work From Home) SpaceIs your at-home workspace working for you? Join CeCe Camacho, organizing & lifestyle consultant in this free, interactive 1-hr. virtual atelier and discover the power…