This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
- Dec18Boss Your Money: Managing Your Budget for Small Biz SuccessThis workshop has been postponed to Tuesday, December 18th, from 9-10:30am at CoworkHERS. With so much financial information available, it can be difficult to know…
- Jan8Venture Investment Readiness Awareness Levels (VIRAL) FrameworkThis Workshop is Presented by the Maine Technology Institute (MTI) What is VIRAL®? VIRAL, Venture Investment Readiness Assessment Levels, is a framework originally developed by…
- Jan15Tax Preparation for LLCsIn this workshop we will address some of the common tax preparation questions that arise for LLCs that are taxed as disregarded entities, partnerships, and…
- Jan16Owning and Managing Rental Properties January 2019This 2.5 hour seminar on January 16th, 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing at CEI, 30 Federal Street in Brunswick.…