Forming Your Company and Choosing Business Partners
*If you do not wish to complete the online registration you are welcome to attend and pay by cash or check in person!
This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
This workshop will be held in the Marine Trade Center in the 2nd floor conference room. Three-hour visitor parking is available in the drive-up circle, as well as two-hour and thirty-minute parking in the lot located directly next to the building. Please do not park elsewhere on the pier as you risk being ticketed.
- Automate ITDo you spend time thinking about how there “has to be an easier way”, there “has to be a more effective way”, or there has…
- FocusME: Fall 2023 CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a peer group for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is a facilitated…
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar Sept. 30- 1 Day Live WebinarCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Oct3Tuesday Toast Talks: Meet, Share, & ConnectJoin WBC Business Advisor, Jodi Cordes, for an informal networking meeting with new, existing, or aspiring female entrepreneurs from Greater Franklin County! Join us on…