Forming Your Company and Choosing Business Partners
*If you do not wish to complete the online registration you are welcome to attend and pay by cash or check in person!
This workshop and Q&A session will address common issues entrepreneurs face when starting a business. You will discuss questions such as:
- When is it time to incorporate, rather than do business under my own name?
- Should I form an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or a corporation?
- If I do business in multiple states (or hope to later), should I incorporate in Maine or elsewhere?
- How do my early decisions about company formation affect my ability to attract investors later?
- Does my tech company really need to incorporate in Delaware, or is Maine ok?
- How should business partners divide up duties and rights?
- What should I know about choosing a partner or co-founder?
- If I don’t have cash flow yet, is it okay to staff my business by using contractors/freelancers rather than employees?
This workshop and Q &A session will be presented by Zeke Callanan, Esq. of Opticliff Law.
This workshop will be held in the Marine Trade Center in the 2nd floor conference room. Three-hour visitor parking is available in the drive-up circle, as well as two-hour and thirty-minute parking in the lot located directly next to the building. Please do not park elsewhere on the pier as you risk being ticketed.
- BIPOC Woman Business NavigatorThis 12-week cohort provides technical guidance to 10-12 women of color who are either at the pre-start or very early stages of their entrepreneurial journey.…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group For Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- Mar23Angel Investors: Accepting Equity Investment from Angel InvestorsFor many small businesses, their first formal equity investment will come from an angel investor. In Maine, we have a robust network on angel investors…
- Mar28Inspirational Businesswomen of Maine – Resiliency Leads to SuccessPlease join SBA Resource Partners Maine Small Business Development Centers, SCORE Maine, the Veterans Business Outreach Center of New England, and us at the CEI Women’s Business Centers as we celebrate Women’s…