Event Phone: 207.535.2942
This event is open to Men and Women! Compete for cash prizes of up to $70,000!
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is hosting InnovateHER 2017! Please complete our submission form below for consideration!
The U.S. Small Business Administration has announced the 2017 InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge. This challenge seeks to unearth businesses whose products and services help impact and improve the lives of women and families.
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to once again bring the InnovateHer Challenge to Maine. We will be choosing up to eight entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges. One winner from this local competition will be chosen as a semi-finalist in the national competition. From the pool of semifinalists, the SBA will select up to 10 finalists who will be invited to the National InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge to be held in mid-2017. The finalists will pitch their products and ideas to a panel of expert judges and compete for the top three awards and a total of $70,000 in prizes. The judging criteria is listed below.
1. Have a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
2. Have the potential for commercialization (40%), and
3. Fill a need in the marketplace (30%).
We will be hosting our pitch competition on Tuesday, April 4th at the CEI office in Brunswick. Pitches will kick off at 9:00am. Participants are welcome to invite friends and family to watch their pitches.
Please complete this form no later than March 30th for consideration. The Women’s Business Center will select up to eight participants to present their pitch to our panel of judges on April 4, based on the selection criteria outlined above.
PLEASE NOTE: the InnovateHER Challenge is open to both men and women who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Dec18Boss Your Money: Managing Your Budget for Small Biz SuccessThis workshop has been postponed to Tuesday, December 18th, from 9-10:30am at CoworkHERS. With so much financial information available, it can be difficult to know…
- Jan8Venture Investment Readiness Awareness Levels (VIRAL) FrameworkThis Workshop is Presented by the Maine Technology Institute (MTI) What is VIRAL®? VIRAL, Venture Investment Readiness Assessment Levels, is a framework originally developed by…
- Jan15Tax Preparation for LLCsIn this workshop we will address some of the common tax preparation questions that arise for LLCs that are taxed as disregarded entities, partnerships, and…
- Jan16Owning and Managing Rental Properties January 2019This 2.5 hour seminar on January 16th, 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing at CEI, 30 Federal Street in Brunswick.…