Event Phone: 207.535.2942
This event is open to Men and Women! Compete for cash prizes of up to $70,000!
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is hosting InnovateHER 2017! Please complete our submission form below for consideration!
The U.S. Small Business Administration has announced the 2017 InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge. This challenge seeks to unearth businesses whose products and services help impact and improve the lives of women and families.
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to once again bring the InnovateHer Challenge to Maine. We will be choosing up to eight entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges. One winner from this local competition will be chosen as a semi-finalist in the national competition. From the pool of semifinalists, the SBA will select up to 10 finalists who will be invited to the National InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge to be held in mid-2017. The finalists will pitch their products and ideas to a panel of expert judges and compete for the top three awards and a total of $70,000 in prizes. The judging criteria is listed below.
1. Have a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
2. Have the potential for commercialization (40%), and
3. Fill a need in the marketplace (30%).
We will be hosting our pitch competition on Tuesday, April 4th at the CEI office in Brunswick. Pitches will kick off at 9:00am. Participants are welcome to invite friends and family to watch their pitches.
Please complete this form no later than March 30th for consideration. The Women’s Business Center will select up to eight participants to present their pitch to our panel of judges on April 4, based on the selection criteria outlined above.
PLEASE NOTE: the InnovateHER Challenge is open to both men and women who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Portland SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective public speakers. How does it work? Through 10 biweekly 2-hour sessions,…
- Farmington SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective public speakers. How does it work? Through 10 biweekly 2-hour sessions,…
- Apr3First Friday Breakfast for Downeast Women Business Owners (Virtual)Join us for a Downeast Women Business Owners’ networking breakfast. We will use the time to discuss current challenges and brainstorm creative strategies to navigate…