Event Phone: 207.535.2942
This event is open to Men and Women! Compete for cash prizes of up to $70,000!
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is hosting InnovateHER 2017! Please complete our submission form below for consideration!
The U.S. Small Business Administration has announced the 2017 InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge. This challenge seeks to unearth businesses whose products and services help impact and improve the lives of women and families.
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to once again bring the InnovateHer Challenge to Maine. We will be choosing up to eight entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges. One winner from this local competition will be chosen as a semi-finalist in the national competition. From the pool of semifinalists, the SBA will select up to 10 finalists who will be invited to the National InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge to be held in mid-2017. The finalists will pitch their products and ideas to a panel of expert judges and compete for the top three awards and a total of $70,000 in prizes. The judging criteria is listed below.
1. Have a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
2. Have the potential for commercialization (40%), and
3. Fill a need in the marketplace (30%).
We will be hosting our pitch competition on Tuesday, April 4th at the CEI office in Brunswick. Pitches will kick off at 9:00am. Participants are welcome to invite friends and family to watch their pitches.
Please complete this form no later than March 30th for consideration. The Women’s Business Center will select up to eight participants to present their pitch to our panel of judges on April 4, based on the selection criteria outlined above.
PLEASE NOTE: the InnovateHER Challenge is open to both men and women who meet the eligibility criteria.
- SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group for Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Afternoon Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Evening Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…