Event Phone: 207.535.2942
This event is open to Men and Women! Compete for cash prizes of up to $70,000!
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is hosting InnovateHER 2016! Pitch submission for this event is closed. The live pitch event is open to the public and we encourage all to attend! PLEASE REGISTER BELOW TO ATTEND!
The U.S. Small Business Administration has announced the launch of InnovateHER 2016: Innovating for Women Business Challenge. This challenge is looking for businesses whose products and services help improve the lives of women and families. There is $70,000 in prize money for the top businesses.
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to once again bring the InnovateHer Challenge to Maine. We will be choosing up to eight entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas. One winner from this local competition will be chosen as a semi-finalist in the national competition. The judging criteria is listed below.
1. Have a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
2. Have the potential for commercialization (40%), and
3. Fill a need in the marketplace (30%).
We will be hosting our event on November 19th at the Jewett Hall Auditorium at Southern Maine Community College. Pitches will kick off at 5:30 pm!
Pitch registration for this event is closed.
The pitch competition is open to the public. Please register below to attend this event so that we have a rough idea of how many people are attending.
You can find more information about the InnovateHer Challenge at: http://bit.ly/InnovateHER2016.
PLEASE NOTE: the InnovateHER Challenge is open to both men and women who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Sep29How She Built That: How One Maine Woman Built a Successful Online Business & Subscription Service From Her HomeThe CEI WBC is pleased to offer How She Built That– a new virtual workshop series highlighting innovative female entrepreneurs living and working in Maine.…
- Sep29Blue Stocking Salon“Bluestocking” refers to learned mid-eighteenth-century women (and men) who gathered in the great salons of London for intellectual conversation and witty banter. This literary salon…
- Sep30Leading Through Change: Building Effective and Productive Virtual TeamsIf the current pandemic we are facing has taught us anything, it’s that people can work together just as well from the safety of their…
- Oct1FocusME: COVID-19 EditionFemale-led businesses are particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic as they face structural barriers, limited access to finance, and information asymmetry. That’s why we…