Event Phone: 207.535.2942
This event is open to Men and Women! Compete for cash prizes of up to $70,000!
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is hosting InnovateHER 2016! Pitch submission for this event is closed. The live pitch event is open to the public and we encourage all to attend! PLEASE REGISTER BELOW TO ATTEND!
The U.S. Small Business Administration has announced the launch of InnovateHER 2016: Innovating for Women Business Challenge. This challenge is looking for businesses whose products and services help improve the lives of women and families. There is $70,000 in prize money for the top businesses.
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to once again bring the InnovateHer Challenge to Maine. We will be choosing up to eight entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas. One winner from this local competition will be chosen as a semi-finalist in the national competition. The judging criteria is listed below.
1. Have a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
2. Have the potential for commercialization (40%), and
3. Fill a need in the marketplace (30%).
We will be hosting our event on November 19th at the Jewett Hall Auditorium at Southern Maine Community College. Pitches will kick off at 5:30 pm!
Pitch registration for this event is closed.
The pitch competition is open to the public. Please register below to attend this event so that we have a rough idea of how many people are attending.
You can find more information about the InnovateHer Challenge at: http://bit.ly/InnovateHER2016.
PLEASE NOTE: the InnovateHER Challenge is open to both men and women who meet the eligibility criteria.
- BIPOC Woman Business NavigatorThis 12-week cohort provides technical guidance to 10-12 women of color who are either at the pre-start or very early stages of their entrepreneurial journey.…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group For Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- Mar23Angel Investors: Accepting Equity Investment from Angel InvestorsFor many small businesses, their first formal equity investment will come from an angel investor. In Maine, we have a robust network on angel investors…
- Mar28Inspirational Businesswomen of Maine – Resiliency Leads to SuccessPlease join SBA Resource Partners Maine Small Business Development Centers, SCORE Maine, the Veterans Business Outreach Center of New England, and us at the CEI Women’s Business Centers as we celebrate Women’s…