Event Phone: 207.535.2942
This event is open to Men and Women! Compete for cash prizes of up to $70,000!
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is hosting InnovateHER 2016! Pitch submission for this event is closed. The live pitch event is open to the public and we encourage all to attend! PLEASE REGISTER BELOW TO ATTEND!
The U.S. Small Business Administration has announced the launch of InnovateHER 2016: Innovating for Women Business Challenge. This challenge is looking for businesses whose products and services help improve the lives of women and families. There is $70,000 in prize money for the top businesses.
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to once again bring the InnovateHer Challenge to Maine. We will be choosing up to eight entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas. One winner from this local competition will be chosen as a semi-finalist in the national competition. The judging criteria is listed below.
1. Have a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
2. Have the potential for commercialization (40%), and
3. Fill a need in the marketplace (30%).
We will be hosting our event on November 19th at the Jewett Hall Auditorium at Southern Maine Community College. Pitches will kick off at 5:30 pm!
Pitch registration for this event is closed.
The pitch competition is open to the public. Please register below to attend this event so that we have a rough idea of how many people are attending.
You can find more information about the InnovateHer Challenge at: http://bit.ly/InnovateHER2016.
PLEASE NOTE: the InnovateHER Challenge is open to both men and women who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Dec18Boss Your Money: Managing Your Budget for Small Biz SuccessThis workshop has been postponed to Tuesday, December 18th, from 9-10:30am at CoworkHERS. With so much financial information available, it can be difficult to know…
- Jan8Venture Investment Readiness Awareness Levels (VIRAL) FrameworkThis Workshop is Presented by the Maine Technology Institute (MTI) What is VIRAL®? VIRAL, Venture Investment Readiness Assessment Levels, is a framework originally developed by…
- Jan15Tax Preparation for LLCsIn this workshop we will address some of the common tax preparation questions that arise for LLCs that are taxed as disregarded entities, partnerships, and…
- Jan16Owning and Managing Rental Properties January 2019This 2.5 hour seminar on January 16th, 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing at CEI, 30 Federal Street in Brunswick.…