Please join the Women’s Business Center at CEI on June 5th at Still Life Studios in Portland for an opportunity to network with past and current FocusME participants, and hear from our guest speaker, Hannah Curtis, on the power of saying “no”. Networking, coffee and breakfast pastries will begin at 7:45am, followed by our speaker presentation from 8:30 to 9:30am. We’ll stay for networking and conversation until 10:00am.
If you’ve been interested in our curated peer network FocusME, or are interested in joining our fall cohort, this is a great opportunity to come learn more.
Hannah Curtis, The Power of “No”
Are you overextended in life and in your business? Does guilt get in the way of saying what you truly mean?
Most purpose-driven women struggle with saying no. We are taught that no isn’t nice. This belief holds us back because we use precious time and energy doing things that don’t truly serve us- or our businesses. There is good news. You can be upfront and kind, even when saying no. This presentation will teach you the mindset and tools you need to say no with confidence and without apology.
You will walk away with:
- Clarity on why “no” is honest and kind, so you can finally let go of that pesky guilt.
- Guiding questions that will help you accurately assess what’s worth a “yes.”
- Three tips for saying “no” with ease and grace.
Our Partners for this event:
Our speaker: Hannah Curtis is the founder of New Approaches, a practice which offers therapy, coaching, and workshops designed to help their clients get the most out of life. Their areas of specialty include: stress management, pregnancy and postpartum support, young adult issues, work/life balance, communication skills, relationships, anxiety, depression, trauma, and life satisfaction. New Approaches helps clients not only cope, but to grow and thrive, by learning new skills and perspectives, and increasing motivation.
Our host: Still Life Studio, owned by artist Adria Moynihan Rusk, offers private painting lessons and small group classes. They have a bright, open classroom available for rent for creative and professional activities of all kinds. In addition to art classes they host off-site business meetings, retreats and presentations of many kinds.
Our partner: We offer FocusME in collaboration with the Portland SCORE Chapter.
Interested in FocusME but can’t attend the event? Email Sarah Guerette at the Women’s Business Center at CEI for more info.
- SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group for Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Afternoon Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Evening Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…