The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME 2.0, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs.
Join us for the second stage of peer group workshops with FocusME 2.0! FocusME 2.0 is designed for women who have participated in FocusME previously, and will provide the opportunity for participants to dive deeper into topics including marketing, access to capital, hiring, and more. We look forward to having FocusME alumni meet and form a new cohort, and become reinvigorated in the process.
Is FocusME 2.0 right for you?
Have you participated in a FocusME cohort? Is your business up and running? If you answered yes to both questions, FocusME 2.0 is right for you! We are looking for female entrepreneurs who are interested in continuing round-table discussions with a new cohort and new topics of conversation.
How does it work?
As with all FocusME programs, FocusME 2.0 will meet biweekly for six facilitated sessions focusing on business and personal growth. These sessions continue with a check-in every six weeks for the remainder of the year, for a total of ten sessions. The program will include two networking events, and a yearly celebration where participants from past and current cohorts will come together. FocusME 2.0 will introduce you to local business leaders and connect you to a broader network of services and fellow entrepreneurs.
Each session includes:
- A facilitated group discussion with a focus on personal development (topics include: web presence, business structures, growth, business relationships, and more)
- An opportunity to share business challenges and brainstorm solutions
- A “My Turn” time which allows two participants each session to share a piece of their work and receive group feedback and accountability
- Pairing of accountability partners to check-in with between sessions
The sessions will be facilitated by Leigh Tillman. Leigh works with groups facilitating decision-making, group processes, training and effective storytelling. As a female entrepreneur herself, Leigh is excited to team up with the CEI Women’s Business Center to offer what we expect will prove to be a unique, rewarding, and candidly helpful series for all participants. You can learn more about her here.
The six initial sessions take place on Tuesdays in 2020, beginning on March 3, 2020. Upon registering, you are expected to attend each of the sessions. A yearly celebration for all FocusME groups will be held in the fall, as well as at least one additional networking opportunity.
- March 3rd
- March 17th
- March 31st
- April 14th
- April 28th
- May 12th
- Snow date: May 26th
Where will FocusME sessions be held?
FocusME will be held in the 2nd floor conference room of the Marine Trade Center, at 2 Portland Fish Pier, where CEI’s Portland office is located.
What does it cost?
The cost to participate in FocusME 2.0 is $250. This includes the six initial sessions, four follow-up sessions, two networking events featuring a guest speaker, and an invitation to the annual FocusME celebration. This amounts to a full year of programming and continuity.
If you have additional questions, please contact Anna Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Jan14SPOKESWOMENSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective public speakers. How does it work? Through 10 biweekly 2-hour sessions,…
- Jan15Owning and Managing Rental Properties January 15, 2020This 2.5 hour seminar on January 15, 2020 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing. The course will cover tenant issues including: applications,…
- Jan18Home Buyers Education January Webinar 2020Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…