The Women’s Business Center at CEI and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs.
This spring we are offering an Early Stage Business Peer Group and a Growth Stage Business Peer Group. Once you’ve registered we will contact you and ask you to complete a short questionnaire to help us learn more about your business. We will review your responses and contact you with any questions we might have. Please note that in order to ensure that both groups are filled with businesses that are non-competitive and in similar stages of growth the WBC will make the final recommendation with regards to participation for each group.
“FocusME helped me regain focus, set priorities, share common struggles and collaborate with a wonderful group of peers to strategize ideas for future resolution.”
Is The FocusME: Growth Stage Business Peer Group right for you?
We are looking for women entrepreneurs who are committed to business and personal growth to join this group. In order to participate, you must have business revenue, and an active website. The Growth Stage Business Peer Group is ideal for clients who have been in business for two years or more, have grown successfully through the startup phase, have a strong business plan, are financially stable, have established a sustainable growth trajectory, hired full time employees and have set ambitious goals to support business growth.
How does it work?
A group of smart, savvy, female entrepreneurs meet every two weeks for facilitated sessions focusing on business and personal growth. These sessions continue with a check-in every two months for the first year, and a yearly celebration for all FocusME participants. Participants lean on each other, give advice, share connections and experiences and form business relationships with each other if/when appropriate. You will be introduced to local resources that will help build your business and become connected to a broader network of services and fellow entrepreneurs.
Each session includes:
- A facilitated group discussion with a focus on personal development (topics include: goal setting, time management, pitching your business, prioritizing and time management)
- An opportunity to share business challenges and brainstorm solutions
- A “my seat” time which allows each member of the group to share something you’re working on and look to the group for input and accountability.
- Pairing of accountability partners to check-in with between sessions
The sessions will be facilitated by Leigh Tillman. Leigh works with groups facilitating decision-making, group processes, training and effective storytelling. As a female entrepreneur herself, Leigh is excited to team up with The Women’s Business Center at CEI and SCORE to offer what we expect will prove to be a unique, rewarding, and candidly helpful series for all participants. You can learn more about her here.
The six initial sessions take place on Tuesdays in 2016. These dates include: April 25, May 9, May 23, June 6, June 20, and July 11. The four follow-up sessions will take place in early September, November, January, and March. Upon registering, you are expected to attend each of the sessions.
A yearly celebration for all FocusME groups will be held at the end of September. Stay tuned for details!
Space for these groups has been very generously donated by Coffee by Design at 1 Diamond Street in Portland.
What does it cost?
The cost to participate in FocusME is $199. This includes the six initial sessions, four follow-up sessions from September to March, and an invitation to the annual FocusME celebration where women from previous FocusME cohorts can connect. That’s a year of programming and continuity.
Note: Registration payments can be made online in full or split into two payments.
If you have additional questions, please contact Kate Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (207) 535-2492.
- Oct10Home Buyers Education Live Webinar October 10, 11, and 12th from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Oct18SBDC @ CEI Start-Up Checklist WebinarIt is an understatement to say that starting a business is overwhelming! Are you concerned with forgetting to get an important license, getting in trouble…
- Oct20Owning and Managing Rental Properties October 20, 2022The will be held as a live webinar This 2.5 hour seminar on October 20, 2022 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine…
- Nov8SBDC @ CEI Start-Up Checklist WebinarIt is an understatement to say that starting a business is overwhelming! Are you concerned with forgetting to get an important license, getting in trouble…