Event Phone: (207) 535-2914
Do you dread difficult conversations in the business setting? This workshop will help you with the 5 steps to being Effectively Frank™: how to more successfully and confidently communicate. You’ll leave with skills you can use immediately, and learn how to be seen as kind and competent- even when you speak your mind. These tools will help you grow your business, and feel good about doing it.
In this interactive workshop, participants are encouraged to bring challenging communication situations from their businesses. Using the 5 steps, we will work on solving real world scenarios, for example:
- Getting past the fear of “selling yourself”
- Raising prices
- Negotiating with clients
- Setting limits in the professional setting
- Managing conflict
- Asking for guidance
The workshop [guaranteed to be fun, not scary!] is presented by Hannah Curtis, LCSW. Hannah is a Women’s Business Center client, and the founder of New Approaches in Portland, Maine. She believes that emotional wellness is the key to happiness, and her approach lends innovative problem-solving with common sense solutions. Clients describe her as warm, insightful, and non-judgmental. Visit her website and read her blog to learn more about Hannah.
- Dec18Boss Your Money: Managing Your Budget for Small Biz SuccessThis workshop has been postponed to Tuesday, December 18th, from 9-10:30am at CoworkHERS. With so much financial information available, it can be difficult to know…
- Jan8Venture Investment Readiness Awareness Levels (VIRAL) FrameworkThis Workshop is Presented by the Maine Technology Institute (MTI) What is VIRAL®? VIRAL, Venture Investment Readiness Assessment Levels, is a framework originally developed by…
- Jan15Tax Preparation for LLCsIn this workshop we will address some of the common tax preparation questions that arise for LLCs that are taxed as disregarded entities, partnerships, and…
- Jan16Owning and Managing Rental Properties January 2019This 2.5 hour seminar on January 16th, 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing at CEI, 30 Federal Street in Brunswick.…