Event Phone: (207) 535-2914
Do you dread difficult conversations in the business setting? This workshop will help you with the 5 steps to being Effectively Frank™: how to more successfully and confidently communicate. You’ll leave with skills you can use immediately, and learn how to be seen as kind and competent- even when you speak your mind. These tools will help you grow your business, and feel good about doing it.
In this interactive workshop, participants are encouraged to bring challenging communication situations from their businesses. Using the 5 steps, we will work on solving real world scenarios, for example:
- Getting past the fear of “selling yourself”
- Raising prices
- Negotiating with clients
- Setting limits in the professional setting
- Managing conflict
- Asking for guidance
The workshop [guaranteed to be fun, not scary!] is presented by Hannah Curtis, LCSW. Hannah is a Women’s Business Center client, and the founder of New Approaches in Portland, Maine. She believes that emotional wellness is the key to happiness, and her approach lends innovative problem-solving with common sense solutions. Clients describe her as warm, insightful, and non-judgmental. Visit her website and read her blog to learn more about Hannah.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Negotiation Skills & Strategies for Female EntrepreneursIn partnership with USM Professional Development Programs, we are offering a 1-day Negotiation Skills & Strategies course for female entrepreneurs! Course Description: We constantly negotiate with others…
- Jan14SPOKESWOMENSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective public speakers. How does it work? Through 10 biweekly 2-hour sessions,…
- Jan15Owning and Managing Rental Properties January 15, 2020This 2.5 hour seminar on January 15, 2020 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing. The course will cover tenant issues including: applications,…