Event Phone: (207) 535-2914
Do you dread difficult conversations in the business setting? This workshop will help you with the 5 steps to being Effectively Frank™: how to more successfully and confidently communicate. You’ll leave with skills you can use immediately, and learn how to be seen as kind and competent- even when you speak your mind. These tools will help you grow your business, and feel good about doing it.
In this interactive workshop, participants are encouraged to bring challenging communication situations from their businesses. Using the 5 steps, we will work on solving real world scenarios, for example:
- Getting past the fear of “selling yourself”
- Raising prices
- Negotiating with clients
- Setting limits in the professional setting
- Managing conflict
- Asking for guidance
The workshop [guaranteed to be fun, not scary!] is presented by Hannah Curtis, LCSW. Hannah is a Women’s Business Center client, and the founder of New Approaches in Portland, Maine. She believes that emotional wellness is the key to happiness, and her approach lends innovative problem-solving with common sense solutions. Clients describe her as warm, insightful, and non-judgmental. Visit her website and read her blog to learn more about Hannah.
- Propeller I (April-May)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Creating Your Business: A Fresh Approach to Developing Your Business PlanBusiness planning can be especially overwhelming, confusing, and feel irrelevant to your passion and desire for creating a business. In this 5-week peer learning group, we…
- May10Home Buyers Education Live Webinar May 10, 11, & 12 from 6-9 PMCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- May11FocusME Spring 2021: Tuesday 8:30am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…