This workshop with Opticliff Law, LLC will address common questions that business owners have about two issues that affect companies of all sizes, in all industries: contracts and intellectual property. In an interactive presentation format, we’ll answer questions like those below. You’ll walk away with useful legal checklists to consult in the future.
- When do I need to use a written contract, versus trusting a handshake deal?
- What ten provisions should I insist on including in every contract I sign?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What are the rules about selling products to minors?
- What do I need to know about hiring independent contractors?
- What is the difference between a patent, copyright and trademark?
- Naming your company & trademark basics: When and how should I think about ensuring there aren’t other companies already using the name I picked for my business, and how can I “claim” that name so others can’t use it?
- How do I do a trademark name search?
This workshop and Q & A session will be presented by Opticliff Law’s Andrew Kraus, Esq. and Adam Nyhan, Esq.
Workshop Location: Think Tank, Pepperell Center, 40 Main St.,Biddeford, ME 04005
- Jan26Business MastermindIn this 2-hour Business Mastermind with Mallika Malhotra, we will focus on rethinking your value proposition, shifting your messaging, and establishing how you want your business…
- Jan26Price with Confidence Establishing a pricing strategy for your food-based business is a balancing act. Join CEI Business Advisors Sarah Guerette and Jenn Stein for this 1-hour virtual…
- Jan26Spokeswomen (Tuesday Cohort)Spokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Jan26Blue Stocking Salon“Bluestocking” refers to learned mid-eighteenth-century women (and men) who gathered in the great salons of London for intellectual conversation and witty banter. This literary salon…