This workshop with Opticliff Law, LLC will address common questions that business owners have about two issues that affect companies of all sizes, in all industries: contracts and intellectual property. In an interactive presentation format, we’ll answer questions like those below. You’ll walk away with useful legal checklists to consult in the future.
- When do I need to use a written contract, versus trusting a handshake deal?
- What ten provisions should I insist on including in every contract I sign?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What are the rules about selling products to minors?
- What do I need to know about hiring independent contractors?
- What is the difference between a patent, copyright and trademark?
- Naming your company & trademark basics: When and how should I think about ensuring there aren’t other companies already using the name I picked for my business, and how can I “claim” that name so others can’t use it?
- How do I do a trademark name search?
This workshop and Q & A session will be presented by Opticliff Law’s Andrew Kraus, Esq. and Adam Nyhan, Esq.
Workshop Location: Think Tank, Pepperell Center, 40 Main St.,Biddeford, ME 04005
- Propeller IIPropeller II is designed for women who have participated in Propeller and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller II…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group for Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- FocusME 2.0 Fall 2021: Tuesday 8:30AM-10:30AM CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. Join us…
- FocusME Fall 2021: Tuesday 11AM-1PM CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…