This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- Ready, Set, Brand!In this 6 week workshop, Brand Strategist Mallika Malhotra, will help you compose the key brand statements your business needs to stand out and thrive. Get…
- Boundaries for a Thriving BusinessMany female business owners find that they are repeatedly asked to do unpaid work, work that is not within their skill set, or work that…
- May31Propeller Pop-UpJoin the CEI Women’s Business Center and fellow Propeller alumnae for a get-together. You’ll have an opportunity to practice your pitch, network with other alumnae,…
- Jun2June Biz Fit: National Donut DayFriday, June 2nd is National Donut Day! The origins of National Donut Day are traced to the Salvation Army’s involvement in World War I. Volunteers…