This workshop addresses common questions and issues business owners have about contracts. You will discuss questions such as:
- When and why should I use contracts? What happens if I don’t use a contract?
- How can a company with a small legal budget prepare contracts in a cost-effective way?
- What should freelancers (and the companies that hire them) know about intellectual property?
- How can contracts help me reduce business risks and future legal costs?
- Is it okay to just sign contracts that another company asks me to sign, or should I have my own standard contract that I ask others to sign?
- What are the key issues (terms) that should appear in my contracts?
- What are the rules about selling to minors?
This workshop will be presented by Adam Nyhan, Esq., Opticliff Law, LLC.
- Sep29How She Built That: How One Maine Woman Built a Successful Online Business & Subscription Service From Her HomeThe CEI WBC is pleased to offer How She Built That– a new virtual workshop series highlighting innovative female entrepreneurs living and working in Maine.…
- Sep29Blue Stocking Salon“Bluestocking” refers to learned mid-eighteenth-century women (and men) who gathered in the great salons of London for intellectual conversation and witty banter. This literary salon…
- Sep30Leading Through Change: Building Effective and Productive Virtual TeamsIf the current pandemic we are facing has taught us anything, it’s that people can work together just as well from the safety of their…
- Oct1FocusME: COVID-19 EditionFemale-led businesses are particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic as they face structural barriers, limited access to finance, and information asymmetry. That’s why we…