Join Women for Healthy Rural Living and WBC Business Advisor, Ruth Feldman for a 3-part book group to discuss “The Confidence Code.”
Sessions will take place at WHRL’s Office, 87 Main Street, Milbridge
Following the success of Lean In and Why Women Should Rule the World, the authors of the bestselling Womenomics provide an informative and practical guide to understanding the importance of confidence—and learning how to achieve it—for women of all ages and at all stages of their career. Working women today are better educated and more well qualified than ever before. Yet men still predominate in the corporate world.
In The Confidence Code, Claire Shipman and Katty Kay argue that the key reason is confidence. Combining cutting-edge research in genetics, gender, behavior, and cognition—with examples from their own lives and those of other successful women in politics, media, and business—Kay and Shipman go beyond admonishing women to “lean in.” Instead, they offer the inspiration and practical advice women need to close the gap and achieve the careers they want and deserve.
All participants will be notified as to pick-up availability at Women for Healthy Rural Living’s office for books and welcome packets sometime in November.
About the Women’s Business Center and the discussion format:
CEI Women’s Business Center (WBC) supports women and those who identify as women from developing their business idea, to design and start up, through growth and sustainability. We do that through workshops, peer learning cohorts, and events all geared towards supporting women in their entrepreneurship journey. An important component for business (and life) success is confidence. Often, WBC clients are able and knowledgeable, but need to strengthen their confidence level as they forge ahead. Whether you are in business or not, how many times have you wished that you were sure of yourself, stronger, able to find your voice?
We will use the Confidence Code book as the basis for our learning together, as well as some interactive and reflection questions in between conversations. Together we’ll explore our confidence level and learn how to be a bit braver than we ever thought.
This is for any woman who wants to build their confidence quotient, (whether in business yet or not).
- Wednesday, Nov. 29th, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, Dec. 6th, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, Dec. 13th, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Automate ITDo you spend time thinking about how there “has to be an easier way”, there “has to be a more effective way”, or there has…
- FocusME: Fall 2023 CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a peer group for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is a facilitated…
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar Sept. 30- 1 Day Live WebinarCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Oct3Tuesday Toast Talks: Meet, Share, & ConnectJoin WBC Business Advisor, Jodi Cordes, for an informal networking meeting with new, existing, or aspiring female entrepreneurs from Greater Franklin County! Join us on…