Event Phone: 207-535-2914
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to present Business Tax 101: an educational workshop designed to help small business owners navigate tax responsibilities.
This workshop will be taught by attorneys Kate and Jason Rayne of Lanman Rayne, a Portland based law firm that specializes in the areas of business and tax law.
Attendees can expect the following topics to be covered:
- How much income should be saved for taxes in the upcoming year
- Review of how self employed and income taxes are calculated for disregarded entities
- How these taxes are paid at a State and Federal level
- Information that business owners should be keeping track of
- Quarterly taxes: what they are, how they’re calculated, when they need to be paid
- Tax deductible expenses
- Easy and practical methods of record keeping
- Important tax deadlines to be aware of
- Common tax mistakes of small business owners
This workshop will be held on January 19, from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm at the Portland Public Library in Meeting Room #5. Please register below.
This workshop is for sole proprietors or LLC’s that file as a disregarded entity.
- Propeller IIPropeller II is designed for women who have participated in Propeller and wish to take their tech start-up idea to the next level. Propeller II…
- Propeller I (April-May)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Creating Your Business: A Fresh Approach to Developing Your Business PlanBusiness planning can be especially overwhelming, confusing, and feel irrelevant to your passion and desire for creating a business. In this 5-week peer learning group, we…
- Apr20FocusME Spring 2021: Tuesday 8:30am CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…