Event Phone: 207-535-2914
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to present Business Tax 101: an educational workshop designed to help small business owners navigate tax responsibilities.
This workshop will be taught by attorneys Kate and Jason Rayne of Lanman Rayne, a Portland based law firm that specializes in the areas of business and tax law.
Attendees can expect the following topics to be covered:
- How much income should be saved for taxes in the upcoming year
- Review of how self employed and income taxes are calculated for disregarded entities
- How these taxes are paid at a State and Federal level
- Information that business owners should be keeping track of
- Quarterly taxes: what they are, how they’re calculated, when they need to be paid
- Tax deductible expenses
- Easy and practical methods of record keeping
- Important tax deadlines to be aware of
- Common tax mistakes of small business owners
This workshop will be held on January 19, from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm at the Portland Public Library in Meeting Room #5. Please register below.
This workshop is for sole proprietors or LLC’s that file as a disregarded entity.
- Spokeswomen in partnership with: Spokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. We are pleased to…
- Oct28FocusME: Early Stage Business Peer Group (Wednesdays), Fall 2020 (8:30am start)The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is…
- Oct28Master the Pivot Mastermind: Creating the Mindset and Map for Shifting Your Business during This PandemicThe term “pivot” has become a buzzword referring to a significant business change — ranging from mild to dramatic. During this virtual and interactive mastermind,…
- Oct28FocusME 2.0 Business Peer Group, Fall 2020 (11:00am start, Wednesdays)The CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME 2.0, a series of peer groups for female entrepreneurs. Join…