Event Phone: 207-535-2914
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to present Business Tax 101: an educational workshop designed to help small business owners navigate tax responsibilities.
This workshop will be taught by attorneys Kate and Jason Rayne of Lanman Rayne, a Portland based law firm that specializes in the areas of business and tax law.
Attendees can expect the following topics to be covered:
- How much income should be saved for taxes in the upcoming year
- Review of how self employed and income taxes are calculated for disregarded entities
- How these taxes are paid at a State and Federal level
- Information that business owners should be keeping track of
- Quarterly taxes: what they are, how they’re calculated, when they need to be paid
- Tax deductible expenses
- Easy and practical methods of record keeping
- Important tax deadlines to be aware of
- Common tax mistakes of small business owners
This workshop will be held on January 19, from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm at the Portland Public Library in Meeting Room #5. Please register below.
This workshop is for sole proprietors or LLC’s that file as a disregarded entity.
- SpokeswomenSpokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Self-Worth Club: A Skills-Building Discussion Group for Female Business OwnersEven in the best of times, running a business is an act of vulnerability. From the financial unknowns, to the fear of failure, being a…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Afternoon Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Propeller I Summer 2021 (Tuesdays -Evening Session)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…