Event Phone: 207-535-2914
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to present Business Tax 101: an educational workshop designed to help small business owners navigate tax responsibilities.
This workshop will be taught by attorneys Kate and Jason Rayne of Lanman Rayne, a Portland based law firm that specializes in the areas of business and tax law.
Attendees can expect the following topics to be covered:
- How much income should be saved for taxes in the upcoming year
- Review of how self employed and income taxes are calculated for disregarded entities
- How these taxes are paid at a State and Federal level
- Information that business owners should be keeping track of
- Quarterly taxes: what they are, how they’re calculated, when they need to be paid
- Tax deductible expenses
- Easy and practical methods of record keeping
- Important tax deadlines to be aware of
- Common tax mistakes of small business owners
This workshop will be held on January 19, from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm at the Portland Public Library in Meeting Room #5. Please register below.
This workshop is for sole proprietors or LLC’s that file as a disregarded entity.
- Dec18Boss Your Money: Managing Your Budget for Small Biz SuccessThis workshop has been postponed to Tuesday, December 18th, from 9-10:30am at CoworkHERS. With so much financial information available, it can be difficult to know…
- Jan8Venture Investment Readiness Awareness Levels (VIRAL) FrameworkThis Workshop is Presented by the Maine Technology Institute (MTI) What is VIRAL®? VIRAL, Venture Investment Readiness Assessment Levels, is a framework originally developed by…
- Jan15Tax Preparation for LLCsIn this workshop we will address some of the common tax preparation questions that arise for LLCs that are taxed as disregarded entities, partnerships, and…
- Jan16Owning and Managing Rental Properties January 2019This 2.5 hour seminar on January 16th, 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine Housing at CEI, 30 Federal Street in Brunswick.…