Event Phone: 207-535-2914
The Women’s Business Center at CEI is pleased to present Business Tax 101: an educational workshop designed to help small business owners navigate tax responsibilities.
This workshop will be taught by attorneys Kate and Jason Rayne of Lanman Rayne, a Portland based law firm that specializes in the areas of business and tax law.
Attendees can expect the following topics to be covered:
- How much income should be saved for taxes in the upcoming year
- Review of how self employed and income taxes are calculated for disregarded entities
- How these taxes are paid at a State and Federal level
- Information that business owners should be keeping track of
- Quarterly taxes: what they are, how they’re calculated, when they need to be paid
- Tax deductible expenses
- Easy and practical methods of record keeping
- Important tax deadlines to be aware of
- Common tax mistakes of small business owners
This workshop will be held on January 19, from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm at the Portland Public Library in Meeting Room #5. Please register below.
This workshop is for sole proprietors or LLC’s that file as a disregarded entity.
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar January 2019Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer Homebuyer Education class, a 1 day course,…
- Feb27Brand Strategy for Small BusinessWhat is the right brand to support your business? Ok, so you know what business you want to play in and what your business goals…
- Mar5Baxter Business WorksOur Katahdin, in partnership with CEI, will host a six class serious around business growth strategies. Participating businesses will be matched with a mentor based…
- Mar6Bringing Your Brand to LifeHow should you look, feel, speak, and interact in order to create your defined brand experience for customers? Great, now you can tell people the…