This workshop has been postponed to Tuesday, December 18th, from 9-10:30am at CoworkHERS.
With so much financial information available, it can be difficult to know what, exactly, you’re supposed to do with your paycheck – aside from buy groceries and pay bills. Maybe your money is gone before it ever arrives in your account because of debt payments. Maybe the “extra” money you should have always disappears into the ether.
Not anymore. During this 90 minute workshop, we’ll get to the root of the problem, so you can lose the stress and reap the success. This is what we’ll cover:
- Budgeting your money without breaking into a cold sweat
- Apps and tools that can make budgeting simple (and effective)
- Proven methods for prioritizing savings, debts, bills, and regular life stuff (like – having fun while you’re young!)
- Tips on making long term habit and behavior change, so that you’re not back at square one in a few months
Your eyes will be focused on long-term, sustainable changes that mean Barbados every spring – by identifying changes you can make immediately.
This is an open, interactive workshop where you can talk about your specific scenario and get tips from your financial queen, Lynne Somerman – no academic, pie-in-the-sky what-if scenarios to be found.
Objectives and Outcomes
- Participants will understand why and how to keep a personal budget (that doesn’t make them feel like they’re on a crash diet)
- Participants will leave with several actionable, specific ways they can begin making changes to improve their finances right away
- Jan19BIPOC Entrepreneurship PanelJoin us for a virtual panel of Black female entrepreneurs who will share their insights on BIPOC (Black Indigenous People of Color) entrepreneurship in Maine. We’ll be…
- Jan19Spokeswomen (Tuesday Cohort)Spokeswomen: a facilitated peer group designed to help female entrepreneurs become more persuasive and effective communicators. How does it work? Through this highly interactive 8-week online…
- Jan19Propeller (Tuesday Cohort)Tech for everyone should be made by everyone. Female entrepreneurs continue to face unique challenges in starting and growing businesses and these challenges are amplified…
- Jan20FocusME Covid-19 Edition Winter 2021Female-led businesses are particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic as they face structural barriers, limited access to finance, and information asymmetry. That’s why we…