A Workshop With The Women’s Business Center at CEI and Brainstorm Academy
This workshop is designed to address accounting related record-keeping guidelines for small business owners.
Creating and maintaining thorough business records is essential. These records will help you analyze your business’s profitability, stay out of trouble with tax authorities, maintain positive relationships with clients and vendors, and protect your business from lawsuits. For the most part, you can choose any record keeping system that works for you. However, laws and best practices require/suggest specific methods of record keeping and lengths of time to keep different types of records.
We will address several questions asked by small business owners, including:
- Accounting and Tax Records: How do I keep track of my income and expenses? How long do I keep records?
- Why is record keeping so important? Financial statements and financing.
- Payroll- Do I need employees? What do I need to know about payroll and payroll taxes?
- Paying Taxes- How do I pay taxes? What are estimated payments? Sales Tax?
- Do I need an accountant and/or bookkeeper?
There will be a 45 minute Q&A following the workshop presentation by Jennene Hobson of Hobson and Company.
Brainstorm Academy is based in Biddeford, Maine at North Dam Mill in the Pepperell Mill Campus. We provide workshops on business fundamentals, accounting technology and business productivity apps/software for business owners, bookkeepers, and anyone thinking of starting a business.
- Sep29How She Built That: How One Maine Woman Built a Successful Online Business & Subscription Service From Her HomeThe CEI WBC is pleased to offer How She Built That– a new virtual workshop series highlighting innovative female entrepreneurs living and working in Maine.…
- Sep29Blue Stocking Salon“Bluestocking” refers to learned mid-eighteenth-century women (and men) who gathered in the great salons of London for intellectual conversation and witty banter. This literary salon…
- Sep30Leading Through Change: Building Effective and Productive Virtual TeamsIf the current pandemic we are facing has taught us anything, it’s that people can work together just as well from the safety of their…
- Oct1FocusME: COVID-19 EditionFemale-led businesses are particularly hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic as they face structural barriers, limited access to finance, and information asymmetry. That’s why we…