A Workshop With The Women’s Business Center at CEI and Brainstorm Academy
This workshop is designed to address accounting related record-keeping guidelines for small business owners.
Creating and maintaining thorough business records is essential. These records will help you analyze your business’s profitability, stay out of trouble with tax authorities, maintain positive relationships with clients and vendors, and protect your business from lawsuits. For the most part, you can choose any record keeping system that works for you. However, laws and best practices require/suggest specific methods of record keeping and lengths of time to keep different types of records.
We will address several questions asked by small business owners, including:
- Accounting and Tax Records: How do I keep track of my income and expenses? How long do I keep records?
- Why is record keeping so important? Financial statements and financing.
- Payroll- Do I need employees? What do I need to know about payroll and payroll taxes?
- Paying Taxes- How do I pay taxes? What are estimated payments? Sales Tax?
- Do I need an accountant and/or bookkeeper?
There will be a 45 minute Q&A following the workshop presentation by Jennene Hobson of Hobson and Company.
Brainstorm Academy is based in Biddeford, Maine at North Dam Mill in the Pepperell Mill Campus. We provide workshops on business fundamentals, accounting technology and business productivity apps/software for business owners, bookkeepers, and anyone thinking of starting a business.
- Nov29Demystifying SEO: An Overview of Search Engine OptimizationIncrease your website’s visibility by implementing and improving SEO. In this 1-hour workshop, WBC Web Design and Marketing Consultant, Mercedes Arnold, will review: What is…
- Dec2December Biz Fit: Business Check-In & Check-Up *Extended Time 8:00am-9:30am*What is your business “APGAR” score? The APGAR is a brief test given to newborns after 1 and 5 minutes of life on earth to…
- Dec6Building an Email ListEmail marketing is the most direct way to connect with an audience that is eager to hear from you. In this interactive 1-hour virtual workshop,…
- Dec6Women Owned Small Business Certification 101In this 1-hour workshop, Bryan Wallace, Senior Procurement Counselor at Maine Procurement Technical Assistance Center will present on the Women Owned Small Business Certification. What…