A Workshop With The Women’s Business Center at CEI and Brainstorm Academy
This workshop is designed to address accounting related record-keeping guidelines for small business owners.
Creating and maintaining thorough business records is essential. These records will help you analyze your business’s profitability, stay out of trouble with tax authorities, maintain positive relationships with clients and vendors, and protect your business from lawsuits. For the most part, you can choose any record keeping system that works for you. However, laws and best practices require/suggest specific methods of record keeping and lengths of time to keep different types of records.
We will address several questions asked by small business owners, including:
- Accounting and Tax Records: How do I keep track of my income and expenses? How long do I keep records?
- Why is record keeping so important? Financial statements and financing.
- Payroll- Do I need employees? What do I need to know about payroll and payroll taxes?
- Paying Taxes- How do I pay taxes? What are estimated payments? Sales Tax?
- Do I need an accountant and/or bookkeeper?
There will be a 45 minute Q&A following the workshop presentation by Jennene Hobson of Hobson and Company.
Brainstorm Academy is based in Biddeford, Maine at North Dam Mill in the Pepperell Mill Campus. Brainstorm Academy provides workshops on business fundamentals, accounting technology and business productivity apps/software for business owners, bookkeepers, and anyone thinking of starting a business.
- Dec7Tax Prep for Small Business with an IRS ExpertGet ready for tax season with Nancy Feliciano, Stakeholder Liaison, at the Internal Revenue Service Communications & Liaison office. In this 1-hour webinar, Nancy will…
- Dec7Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Certification 101Each year, the Federal Government awards about 10% of all federal contract dollars to Small Disadvantaged Businesses. In this 1-hour workshop, Leesah Patt, Disadvantaged Business Services…
- Dec7Owning and Managing Rental Properties December 7th, 2022The will be held as a live webinar This 2.5 hour seminar on December 7th, 2022 from 6:00pm – 8:30pm has been approved by Maine…
- Jan6January Biz Fit: Is Maine-Made a Good Fit For Your Business?Are you ready? Do you Qualify? Our January guest speaker is Tammy Knight, Program Manager for Maine Made. Maine Made is a program offered through…