For many small businesses, their first formal equity investment will come from an angel investor. In Maine, we have a robust network on angel investors who play a sizable role in our startup economy.
In this second part of a three-part series on equity investments, you’ll learn about the ins and outs of leveraging angel investors to raise equity for your business.
During this session, we’ll cover:
- What is angel investing?
- What does an angel investment mean for you and your business?
- What types of businesses are a good fit?
- What stage of business is a good fit?
- I think I’m a candidate for angel investment. Now what? How do I find an angel investor?
We’ll leave time for Q&A at the end of the session.
If you have specific questions you’d like to make sure we cover, or a scenario you’d like us to generalize and use as an example, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop will be presented by members of the Maine Angels.
- Automate ITDo you spend time thinking about how there “has to be an easier way”, there “has to be a more effective way”, or there has…
- FocusME: Fall 2023 CohortThe CEI Women’s Business Center and the Portland SCORE Chapter are collaborating to host FocusME, a peer group for female entrepreneurs. FocusME is a facilitated…
- Home Buyers Education Live Webinar Sept. 30- 1 Day Live WebinarCoastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a nonprofit community development organization, with the support of Maine State Housing Authority, will offer the Homebuyer Education class in a…
- Oct3Tuesday Toast Talks: Meet, Share, & ConnectJoin WBC Business Advisor, Jodi Cordes, for an informal networking meeting with new, existing, or aspiring female entrepreneurs from Greater Franklin County! Join us on…