The most recent IPCC report underlines the severity of the climate crisis we currently face. It is widespread, rapid, and intensifying. As the impacts of climate change accelerate, the need to deploy financial and policy solutions does as well. CEI’s renewable energy lending and workforce solutions helps create good jobs and long-term economic and environmental sustainability by committing to a future that is energy efficient and powered by renewable energy.
We are a passionate supporter of renewable energy businesses and projects that are creating opportunities in rural and low-income communities. We consider environmental stewardship a core responsibility as a community lender and we strive to grow green enterprises as an integral part of our mission.
Low-Cost Solar Loans
As part of a pilot program, we are offering 2.75-3.5% interest loans for small businesses in Maine looking to go green and install solar panels on their business.
Funds are limited and priority will be given to businesses that are BIPOC-, women-, or immigrant-owned. Based on demand, loans may be capped in size.
Can’t swing solar right now, but are interested in the future? We are currently raising funds to expand the program. Sign up to be notified of future funding options in the side bar.
Solar Financing Experts
We’ve financed everything from art galleries to hockey rinks to schools and municipalities. We pride ourselves on finding the right financing option for your business or organization.
- Solar development companies
- Direct ownership deals– does your small business want to go solar? Call us! We can also get you in touch with local solar installers for a quote.
- Agricultural installations – solar on farms, greenhouses, and barns
- PPA projects – are you a solar developer looking for a lender familiar with Power Purchase Agreements? CEI has financed half of our deals under a PPA model.
- Community solar installations
- Construction projects that include renewable energy installations
- Solar and energy efficiency installation businesses
- Debt financing
- Construction and bridge financing
- Project acquisition financing
- Ability to partner with local banks in Maine.
Interested in other renewables? Contact our Environmental Lending Specialist.