When applying for a loan, you will be asked to submit the following:
- CEI Loan Application, signed and dated (found at the links to the right);
- Signed and dated Personal Financial Statement for each applicant, guarantor, and owner with 20% or greater ownership interest in the company;
- A complete business plan, with the information listed in the Application checklist. CEI Business Development Services staff can help you with your business plan.
- Completed application checklist, with all documents as requested;
Please choose the proper loan application based on request size. The applications are in PDF format, with two versions available. The on-line version may be completed electronically before printing. Please print and send signed applications, personal financial statements, and supporting material to the address below:
Attn: CEI – Loan Administration
30 Federal Street
Brunswick, ME 04011
(207) 504-5900; FAX: (207) 882-7308
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should receive an email confirming the receipt of your request no more than five business days after CEI received it. If you have not heard from us within a week, please call us at (207) 504-5900.
After submitting your application, you will be notified of any missing documentation. Unsigned or incomplete application packages cannot be processed. If the requested documentation is not provided within two weeks, no further consideration will be given to your request.
Once CEI receives your complete application package, the review process will begin. You will be contacted by the reviewing loan officer, and, in most cases, will be asked to meet with him/her prior to the loan decision so that s/he can get a better understanding of your financing needs. The loan officer will notify you of his/her loan decision within 30 days.
For loan requests ≤ $50,000
For loan requests > $50,000
The documents above can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat. You may download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader by clicking here.