CEI and its subsidiaries offer business and project financing and technical support for a wide range of small business, community facilities, renewable energy, affordable housing and mixed used real estate projects and ventures. With flexible business financing, loans, investments, rates and terms, CEI is able to leverage its capital with banks and other sources.
Since its first major investment in 1979 in a value-added, community-owned fish processing facility in midcoast Maine, CEI has provided $1.27 billion to 2,649 businesses, natural resource industries, community facilities, and affordable housing in Maine, the Northeast, and throughout rural America, leveraging over $2.55 billion in high impact, job-creating and sustainable economic development projects and enterprises.
CEI financing opportunities include:
- Direct loans to start-up, existing and growing small businesses in Maine and beyond, in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $3,000,000. To view our business financing brochure, please click here.To obtain an application for a loan, please click here.
- Wicked Fast Microloans to borrow up to $25,000. To obtain an application, please click here.
- Venture Capital Investments in small businesses located in New England and the mid-Atlantic region. Investments range from under $500,000 to over $1 million.
- New Markets Tax Credits are available for investments in targeted distressed communities in Maine, Northern New England, and upstate New York. Select projects with high 3E impact will be considered in other parts of the country. Tax credit investments range from $2 million to $30 million.
- Affordable Homeownership, Rental and Supported Housing with loans and development capital from under $500,000 to over $2 million.
- Solar project investments in communities with low to moderate incomes, providing good jobs and clean energy
Find out more by calling 207-504-5900.