Updated 1/14/22 at 2:55 PM EST
The Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry (DACF) has allocated approximately $20MM in federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding for the new Agricultural Infrastructure Investment Program (AIIP).
- AIIP application period will open on January 14, 2022
- AIIP application deadline is 11:59PM EST on February 25, 2022
The AIIP will provide critical funding for Maine farms and agricultural food processors pursuing infrastructure upgrades that will:
- mitigate the adverse effects of COVID-19,
- increase capacity, enhance supply chain resilience, and address market disruptions, and
- drive growth within the Maine agricultural and food economy while providing more locally available foods to Mainers.
The Department has partnered with Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI) to serve as Third-Party Administrator for the program.
Sign up for updates on the program here
Online Application Walkthrough
Download a DRAFT of the application (PDF) [updated 1/14/22]
CEI will be hosting several “office hours” to discuss application questions with individuals. Registration via the links below.