CEI-Boulos Capital Management is a boutique real estate investment fund management company focused on delivering both competitive financial returns and social impact. The company serves banks, family offices, and other institutional investors, and has a national scope. Areas of the company’s specialization include Opportunity Zones and the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
CEI-Boulos is an innovative joint venture between two long-standing and respected organizations, forging a unique team representing divergent and complementary skills and perspectives:
- Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), one of the nation’s most successful, experienced, and innovative Community Development Finance Institutions
- The Boulos Company, one of New England’s most successful integrated commercial real estate firms with broad experience in capital markets and real estate development
An Award-Winning Model of Impact Investing
CEI-Boulos’s first fund, the Woodforest CEI-Boulos Opportunity Fund, was recognized by Forbes and the Sorenson Impact Center as one of “The Forbes OZ 20: Top Opportunity Zone Catalysts’” and one of the ten most innovative and impact focused Opportunity Zone funds in the country. The fund invests across the 17-state CRA footprint of its sole investor, Woodforest National Bank. Woodforest is a privately owned bank with over 750 branch locations.
Woodforest CEI-Boulos Opportunity Fund was also selected as the winner in the Societal & Community Impact Innovation category for the 2020 BAI Global Innovation Awards, a prestigious awards program recognizing financial services organizations that have gone beyond the conventional to bring creative ideas to life, especially during a time of unprecedented change.
The NBT CEI-Boulos Impact Fund is a $10 million real estate equity investment fund with NBT Bank as the sole investor. The fund is designed to support individuals and communities with low- and moderate income through investments in high-impact, community supported, commercial real estate projects located within the bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) assessment areas in New York.
CEI-Boulos’s objective is to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns from investments in commercial real estate projects with positive social and environmental impacts. The company targets redevelopment and new construction of commercial properties such as multi-family, mixed-use assets, industrial, office, retail and hospitality. Investment types include:
- Projects that help create good jobs
- Affordable and workforce housing
- Main Street revitalization/historic preservation developments
- Developments that serve non-profit organizations
- Sustainable focused real estate developments that incorporate LEED standards and/or alternative energy
30 Federal Street, Suite 300
Brunswick, ME 04011