Participation Criteria for the Women’s Entrepreneur Exchange Food and Beverage Peer Group, hosted collaboratively by the CEI Women’s Business Centers and UpStart Maine:
- Business must be food and or beverage focused.
- Business must be headquartered in Maine or have an active presence in Maine.
- Founder must identify as female. We align with the definition of women and female that explicitly includes not only cis women, but also trans women and femme/feminine-identifying genderqueer and non-binary individuals.
- Business must have a VIRAL score of 3 – 4.
- Business must have 3+ employees, including founder.
- Business must have sales outside of Maine, or a plan to have sales outside of Maine within 6 months.
- Business must have $150K+ in annual revenue or have received at least $150K in funding beyond a friends and family raise.
- Founder must be willing to openly share business challenges in a confidential forum, and bring a spirit of collaboration and support to helping other founders with their own challenges.
To foster a greater sense of collaboration and shared purpose amongst peers we are asking each member of our Food & Beverage group to meet the following criteria. We recognize not everyone who could benefit from this peer group will meet each requirement and we will consider all applicant requests on a case-by-case basis. If you think you may be a good fit, please be in touch.