Up to $10,000 in cash prizes and in-kind services will be awarded
The Downeast Business Boot Camp & Pitch-Off is a collaborative effort of resource partners in Washington and Hancock counties designed to encourage, engage and create community for Downeast entrepreneurs.
The March 27-29, 2020 inaugural event will consist of a three-day business “boot camp” that will consist of workshops and mentoring, following by an exciting pitch competition with two businesses walking away with up to $5,000 in cash and in-kind services each.
Who should apply?
- Business owners who are eager to improve their business
- Businesses in Hancock and Washington Counties
- Year-round businesses will be given preference
- Those who can commit to 3 full days (March 27-29th, 2020)
- No-cost to participants
- Practical information to improve your business
- Network with other business owners, business leaders and experts
- Receive insight from panelists about current challenges you face
- Assess your current business model and brainstorm ideas for improvement
- Chance to win $10,000 in cash and in-kind services
Sign Up to Know When Applications are Available!
The 3-day bootcamp will include workshops on topics such as understanding Your Customer, Value Proposition, Telling Your Story, Breakeven, Financials and Fundraising. These workshops provide the fundamental basics to fill the “skills chasm” and are presented in an easy to understand format. In addition, participants will receive feedback and support from instructors and mentors on developing their pitches and specific business challenges they face.
This “mini-MBA” model has been successfully utilized in our sister event the Mount Desert Business Boot Camp – as profiled in the video below.
The 3-day event will be capped by the Pitch-Off, where Bootcamp participants have a chance to give a 3-minute pitch followed by 3 minutes of Q&A from a panel of judges.
This event is open to the public and the community is encouraged to attend. A total of $10,000 in awards of cash and in-kind services will be given at the pitch competition: one prize will be chosen by audience vote and a second will be awarded by a panel of judges.