Are you an entrepreneurial, strategic thinker who is committed to growing Maine’s economy through business development and growing good jobs for the people in our communities? Do you have prior experience as a business owner or working in a senior management level position at a for-profit organization? Do you want to work with an engaged, smart and talented team dedicated to the same mission-driven goals?
Then we want to hear from you…
CEI is seeking a results driven, strategic leader for the new position of Senior Program Director of our Workforce Solutions program. This senior level role leads the development and execution of CEI’s workforce development and employment quality programs. This is a full time, benefited position based in our headquarters in Brunswick, Maine.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops strategic initiatives with and engages CEI’s borrowers, investees, and stakeholders, and collaborates with CEI senior managers and the leadership of CEI’s financing subsidiaries.
- Leads the Workforce Solutions team and works with the heads of CEI’s Lending & Investment and Business Development Services teams to design and execute new programs, build the capacity of CEI’s employer-facing professionals to work with employers to grow jobs and improve job quality, and oversee tracking of employment growth and quality.
- Collaborates with CEI’s state and federal policy staff, identifies opportunities to advance related supportive public policies and programs and works with CEI’s state and federal policy staff to design and carry out policy development and advocacy.
- Partners with CEI’s marketing and communications staff to develop a communications campaign supporting awareness about the value of work and job quality for employers, workers and communities.
- Represents CEI’s Workforce Solutions in Maine and nationally and maintains positive relationships with partner organizations and funding sources.
- Works with Senior Vice President for Business and Workforce Development Services and other senior staff to secure grants and contracts to support program activity and prepares and monitors Workforce Solutions budgets.
Experience / Education:
- Four-year college degree in business, policy, planning, social services or related field or significant related work experience.
- Experience as a senior manager or entrepreneur within a for-profit company.
- Knowledge of training and development of frontline workers within for-profit companies.
- Experience in developing and managing organization-wide initiatives, with demonstrated leadership skills in building. leading, developing, and supporting a programmatic team.
- Must demonstrate accountability, a positive attitude, initiative, ability to be self-directed and an entrepreneurial approach to management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including facilitating presentations, drafting proposals, and grant writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to cooperate and work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to provide leadership to collaborative projects.
- Strong computer skills, including use of MS Office 10 and web based applications and tools.
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (both required) to: email@example.com
CEI is an equal opportunity provider.