Are you looking for purposeful, mission-driven, engaging work that has a positive impact in Maine communities? Are you someone who has professional banking or financial services experience and wants to further develop skills in finance operations, database management, data analysis and lending compliance? Do you want to work with a team of smart, driven people?
Then we want to hear from you…
Our lending team is seeking a smart, self-directed, dependable and enthusiastic professional for the position of Loan Group Administrator. This is a full time, benefited position based in vibrant downtown Brunswick, Maine.
The Loan Group Administrator Serves as the liaison between the Lending and Investing Department, borrowers, business advisors, data analyst, sector directors, and other CEI staff. The LGA confidently provides answers or directs questions to the appropriate department and provides administrative back up to the Portfolio Manager & Loan Administration Supervisor.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Fields incoming inquiries from all sources, including walk-ins, emails, CEI’s website, the SBA LINC system, and phone calls; shares current CEI Loan Applications and Business Advisor Listings with potential borrowers.
- Corresponds with potential and existing borrowers in person, via email, in writing, or by phone to request missing/additional information to fulfill application and/or post-closing reporting requirements; drafts withdrawal and declination letters for Loan Officers to mail to applicants, as needed, per Reg. B guidelines.
- Coordinates and communicates Loan Group and Investment Committee Meeting logistics, including pipeline maintenance, scheduling, quorum status, room reservation, agenda and material preparation/dissemination, AV presentation, minute-taking, and refreshments, as needed.
- Maintains digital and hard copies of Loan Group and Investment Committee meeting minutes for auditing and subsequent approval purposes; provides copies of agendas and approved minutes, including conditions of approval and approval date, to the Executive Assistant for deals requiring additional E&F Committee and/or Board approval.
- Works with key staff and managers to maintain and update Lending & Investment policies and procedures.
- Constructs and maintains credit files for each loan after closing; monitors centrally located credit files as they move into/out of the Lending Department, retrieving information for the authorized personnel, as needed.
- Supports Accounting, Lending, and Loan Services in the post-approval/loan closing process, including fund confirmation, pipeline updates, and reporting.
- Works with the Credit Analyst, Loan Officers, Loan Services, and Portfolio Manager to track incoming annual, quarterly, and other financial information, updating the centrally located and electronic credit files.
- Serves as administrative back-up for Accounting and Loan Services.
- Runs Credit, LexisNexis, WatchList, CAIVRs, and other reports, as needed, for potential and existing borrowers, working with the PM to resolve issues if they arise.
- Orders office supplies through the front desk and/or the IT department.
- Assumes other responsibilities, as needed.
Experience and education to be successful in this role:
- Minimum two-year degree in business or related subject.
- Experience in banking or financial services strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years office and/or senior level administrative experience.
- Strong administrative and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with research techniques.
- Proficient with word processing, databases, and spreadsheet software.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Effective written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Trained in matters of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of basic accounting.
- Familiarity with FCRA, Reg. B (CFPB), Fair Lending, and other financial regulations/laws.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coastal Enterprises, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.