Are you an entrepreneurial thinker who is committed to growing Maine’s economy through business development, creating and growing good jobs for the people in our communities, and creating environmentally sustainable enterprises? Do you have prior experience as in commercial lending, finance, or social investing? Do you want to work with an engaged, smart and talented team dedicated to the same mission-driven goals?
Then we want to hear from you…
CEI is seeking a results driven, business development professional for the role of Loan and Investment Officer with our lending team. The Loan and Investment officer leverages strong business development, relationship building and outreach capabilities to educate and promote CEI loan and technical programs to potential customers and partnering organizations in a variety of sectors throughout the state of Maine. This is a full time, benefited position based in our headquarters in vibrant downtown Brunswick, Maine.
Key responsibilities include:
1.New business development and relationship management:
- Develop relationships with existing clients and new prospects to drive new business.
- Manage prospect identification and research, including targeted sales calls and outreach.
- Cultivate relationships with key intermediaries to reach prospective clients, such as bankers, accountants, attorneys, and real estate brokers.
- Works closely with Workforce Solutions and program staff to ensure quality job creation and to meet CEI’s social mission and primary strategic plan objectives.
- Prepares documentation for loan closings; sometimes develops customized documents.
- Coordinates loan closings with customers, other lenders, legal counsel, CEI Loan Services and Accounting.
2. Manages loan inquiries and intake:
- Assesses and packages financing requests from companies.
- Speaks to potential customers making inquiries about loan and financing programs.
- Meets with borrowers to discuss business and assess viability.
- Provides applicants with information on loan structuring, business planning, and other loan sources and provides limited general business assistance.
- Performs due diligence, reviewing business plans, analyzing financial statements, making reference calls, negotiating with customers, financing sources, structuring deals with appropriate risk levels.
- Manages and monitors existing loan and investment portfolio, including performing annual reviews and recommending risk rating adjustments as appropriate.
- Services existing accounts, handling requests for additional financing, and troubleshooting.
- Collects delinquent accounts with assistance from the Director, Collections, Compliance & Loan Administration, and legal counsel.
3. May act as “point person” for special projects that require Loan Department participation, especially those sectors which are central to the lending platform.
4. Represents CEI in the community development field at local, state and national events.
Education / Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in, economics, finance, accounting or a related field is desirable.
- Three or more years of loan sizing, creative deal structuring, negotiation and loan closing experience.
- Prior work-related experience with economic development or social impact lending, as well as traditional and alternative commercial loan programs is desirable.
- Considerable credit and financial analysis experience. Strong analytical ability.
- Expertise with financial statement presentation of for-profit and not-for-profit companies.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, fluent user of other technology platforms, and willingness to learn new programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated and strategic thinker.
- Deadline driven and thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
- Successful track record developing new client business.
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of best practices in small business technical assistance resources.
- Commitment to CEI’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to meet clients.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (both required) to:firstname.lastname@example.org
CEI is an equal opportunity provider.