Love ♥ numbers? Looking for a way to jump start your career in accounting while making a difference in our communities?
If you are highly detail oriented, organized, and enjoy accounting work — plus you want to use your skills to make Maine and beyond a better place for all people, especially those in low-income and rural communities…
Then we want to hear from you.
Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI) helps to grow good jobs, environmentally sustainable enterprises, and shared prosperity in Maine and in rural regions across the country by integrating financing, business and industry expertise, and policy solutions. CEI envisions a world in which communities are economically and environmentally healthy, enabling all people, especially those with low incomes, to reach their full potential.
CEI is looking for the right combination of numbers know how, commitment to mission-driven work, superior attention to detail and a willingness to learn. This is a full time, benefited position based in our LEED platinum certified headquarters in beautiful downtown Brunswick, Maine.
KEY POSITION DUTIES
- Provides accounting support by verifying and posting all cash disbursements for CEI parent and other CEI subsidiaries as assigned.
- Collaborates with program managers, Director of Accounting, CFO and other senior managers to ensure proper and timely posting of expenses and payments, outgoing wires, ACH and transfers for CEI parent and other CEI subsidiaries.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies and resolves discrepancies monthly for accurate financial reporting. Provides back-up for various accounting administrative functions.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in for or non-profit accounting desirable, but not required.
- Experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to conduct research and analyze information with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite, database administration, accounting, and spreadsheet software.
- Works flexibly and embraces change.
- Effective written, verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Performs well under pressure and in a deadline driven environment.
- Adheres to a high degree of confidentiality and ethics
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and enjoyment of work performed.
- Willingness to learn.
- Commitment to CEI’s mission.
Coastal Enterprises, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please submit your cover letter and resume (both are required to be considered for this role) to: email@example.com