Depending on the year and needs of our departments, CEI may offer project-based internship opportunities across the organization during the school year for undergraduate and graduate-level students. The experience offers a unique opportunity to learn about the CDFI industry and to gain real, practical knowledge and understanding of CEI and our mission to create economically and environmentally healthy communities in which all people, especially those with low incomes, can reach their full potential.
Who we are:
Headquartered in Maine, CEI is a community development finance institution that is a national leader in rural economic and business development. CEI’s mission is to build a just, vibrant, and climate-resilient future for people and communities in Maine and rural communities We do this by integrating finance, business expertise, and policy solutions in ways that make the economy work more equitably.
Over 70 percent of our financing and advice go to businesses expanding opportunities for low-income communities, communities of color, and others who have been left behind by our economy. Learn more about working at CEI here
We currently do not have any opportunities available at this time. Please check again soon!
What we believe:
- Stewardship: As careful, responsible managers of the resources entrusted to us, we recognize that our decisions and actions have near – and long-term impacts on people and the planet
- Equity: We work to ensure that all people, especially those facing individual or systems barriers to opportunity, can secure a livelihood that enables them to build assets and share prosperity.
- Diversity: We engage diverse staff, board members, and partners who bring lived experience, community connections, and know-how to the problems we aim to solve.
- Innovation: We foster creativity and entrepreneurial spirit at CEI, through our networks, and in the communities we serve.
- Collaboration: We share knowledge, practices, and resources, and partner with people and organizations to deepen our mission impact.
CEI believes that our economy should work for everyone. As a mission-driven investor, CEI works closely with the businesses we finance and advise to address operational, workforce, and environmental challenges, while deepening our impact in key industries, such as farming, aquaculture, and food manufacturing, that can contribute to an inclusive and environmentally sustainable economy. We also provide counseling and training for individuals and families, recognizing that building assets and managing debt, as well as a good job, are key ingredients for family financial security.
While learning about our industry, you’ll get hands-on experience in community development financing, business and programmatic consulting, professional development, knowledge sharing, and team collaboration. As an intern at CEI, you’ll participate in departmental initiatives and project work that address issues within our industry.
To learn more about how internships work at CEI, please check out the link below
Check out the Summer Intern Reflections video here.
Coastal Enterprises, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture and workforce reflective of our mission, values and communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or ability status, familial status, or genetic information.