CEI commercial lenders are located in Wiscasset, Portland, Bangor, and Sanford. You are welcome to call any office with any questions that you may have during the business loan application process.
When you apply for a loan, you will be asked to submit the following:
- The appropriate CEI Loan Application (found at the links below).
- A complete business plan, which includes all items outlined in the Application Checklist.CEI Business Development Services staff can help you with your business plan. Please click here for more information.
- Tax returns for the most recent three years for your business or the business you are purchasing, including the depreciation schedule.
- Personal tax returns for the applicant(s) and guarantor(s) of the most recent three years.
- A year-to-date Income Statement and a current Balance Sheet for your business or the business you are purchasing.
- A current personal financial statement for the borrower(s) and guarantor(s).
- A copy of a government-issued photo ID with a physical address (no P.O. box) will be required, such as a valid driver’s license, passport or state ID.
Applications to Apply for a Business Loan
Fill out the appropriate application, below, print and sign, and mail with supporting documents to:
CEI Loan Services
PO Box 268
Wiscasset, ME 04578
Once CEI receives the complete application package, the review process begins. You will be contacted by the loan officer who is reviewing your loan request, and, in most cases, the lender will want to meet with you prior to the loan decision to get to know you and to better understand your business. The decision process can take approximately 2-4 weeks depending on the complexity of the transaction.