CEI’s 39th Annual Breakfast Meeting will take place on March 14 at Bowdoin College’s Thorne Dining Hall in Brunswick, Maine. With new leaders, CEO Betsy Biemann and President Keith Bisson, CEI is in the midst of developing a forward-looking strategic plan that aims to increase the impact of our work in the creation of good jobs, environmental sustainability and shared prosperity.
On March 14, we’ll present the outline of our new strategic plan, and welcome inspiring speakers including:
- Angela Glover Blackwell, the founder and CEO of Policylink, a leading voice in the movement to use public policy to improve access and opportunity for all low-income people and communities of color.
- Mil Duncan, founding director of the Carsey Institute at the University of New Hampshire, Carsey Senior Fellow and consultant to AGree, an initiative bringing together diverse interests to transform food and agricultural policy in the United States.
- Duane Peterson, Co-President and Founder, SunCommon, and a social entrepreneur with an eclectic 35-year career in socially responsible business, campaign management, government service and community involvement.
CEI will present the 2017 Opportunity Award to St. Croix Tissue.
8:00 – 9:00 Event Registration, Buffet Breakfast & Networking
9:00 – 11:00 Meeting
11:00 – 11:30 Networking
The carbon emissions associated with this event have been intentionally offset by our sponsor, ReVision Energy, through renewable energy generation.
Maine Media Collective is the exclusive local magazine sponsor of the 39th Annual Meeting.
To register, visit our eventbrite page.
Thank you to all of our sponsors.
- Developers Collaborative
- FHLB Boston
- Maine Community Foundation
- NBT Bank
- Novogradac & Company LLC
- TD Bank
- The Press Hotel
- Androscoggin Bank
- CWS Architecture
- Eaton Peabody
- First National Bank
- Kennebec Savings Bank
- Maine SBDC
- Veris Wealth Partners
- Bath Savings Institution
- East Shore Studio and Print
- Portland Financial Planning Group
- ReVision Energy
- Warren’s Office Supplies