Are you a numbers guru who is looking to further develop your expertise in the field of finance? Are you passionate about working for a mission driven organization that is a national leader in rural economic business development?
Then we want to hear from you…
CEI has an exciting new Treasurer position in our accounting department. The Treasurer works closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Director of Accounting and Chief Credit Officer (COO) on a variety of accounting and finance related efforts including; developing and managing strategies, operations and policies related to the treasury function including cash management, asset liability management, organization of funding sources and reporting to investors.
The Treasurer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Asset Liability Management – provide timely and accurate information to allow the internal Asset Liability Committee to make decisions around risk management and capital allocation targets; establish the policies and procedures for CEI’s ALM function including the establishment of risk parameters.
- Managing internal source of funds available for lending/investing activity.
- Cash flow projections, cash management and related financing needs.
- Manage existing debt obligations and related reporting to both borrowing relationships and CDFI industry rating agency.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities, and ensure treasury activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls.
The Treasurer will also provide support to the CFO relating to corporate financial projections and preparation of internal financial reporting and dashboards and capital raising activity for both CEI and subsidiaries.
Qualified candidates will have strong technical expertise, are excellent critical thinkers; have strong knowledge of business and capital management processes; have an acute attention to detail and accuracy; be highly effective communicators; are strong team players and self-starters; have strong technical skills using MS office systems, financial accounting and analysis software; and be willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done.
Qualified candidates have a bachelor’s degree in related professional field, or substantial related professional experience in the nonprofit and/or for profit sector. An MBA or advanced degree in finance, economics, statistics or similar field desirable. A minimum of five years’ related business experience a must.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Submission deadline is May 1, 2017.