CEI is a private, statewide, nonprofit 501(c)(3) community development corporation and community development financial institution with a mission of job creation, poverty alleviation and environmental responsibility. CEI provides financing and technical assistance to small businesses, workforce development and affordable housing projects.
Salary is competitive, based on experience and relevant skills. CEI offers a generous benefits program, including health/life/disability insurances, and pension plan. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
- Develops affordable housing projects using various resources of state, local and federal governments, foundations, banks, and other intermediaries.
- Originates new housing project ideas, organizes team, and presents for internal approval.
- Prepares and monitors project budget, which includes thorough analysis of capital costs, market place options, project operating expense pro forma and financial structure.
- Assists with asset management of CEI’s housing portfolio utilizing knowledge of federal housing program compliance requirements such as LIHTC and USDA.
- Prepares reports to team and CEI management group on project development progress and prospects for success.
- Represents the Housing department and CEI to the public and follows trends and opportunities. Participates in policy/advocacy and education networks for affordable housing. Attends state and regional workshops, conferences on housing project development.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant work experience in related field
- Minimum of five years’ related business experience
- In-depth knowledge of housing/community development programs, regulatory agencies, funding sources and the housing development and finance process
- Demonstrated decision-making skills and strategic planning, organization and prioritization abilities
- Effective written communication skills, including proposal writing
- Computer competency
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources-Housing Developer
Wiscasset, ME 04578
The board and staff of Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI) value diversity in all aspects
of program participation and employment. CEI is an equal opportunity provider.