CEI is a private, statewide, nonprofit 501(c)(3) community development corporation and community development financial institution with a mission of job creation, poverty alleviation and environmental responsibility. CEI provides financing and technical assistance to small businesses, workforce development and affordable housing projects.
Position Posted: Community Development Specialist, Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission
JOB TITLE: Community Development Specialist, Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission
SUMMARY: 32-hours per week, providing community and economic development assistance, website, research, and administrative support to the Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission (LCRPC).
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receives work direction and supervision from the Director of Economic and Community Development, LCRPC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES:
Community and Economic Development
1. Under the direction of the LCRPC Director, assist in implementing economic and community development projects, depending on Board approval and funding, that strengthen County and municipal assets or address significant issues or problems.
2. Working with the LCRPC Director, provide CDBG information and direct assistance to LC communities, businesses and organizations; and under the EPA Brownfields Assessment Grant, carry out public outreach and education, communications, and other activities.
Research and Technical Assistance
1. Research and analyze economic, community, land use, environmental, and transportation data for use by LCRPC, Lincoln County towns, businesses, and non-profits, and state and federal agencies or organizations.
2. Assist with research for public and private funding resources, and grant preparation.
3. Assist the County Planner to carry out land use, environmental and transportation planning activities, as requested.
1. Maintain and update LCRPC’s website, in coordination with LCRPC Director of Economic and Community Development and the County Planner.
2. Maintain LCRPC calendar of meetings, and assist in setting up and coordinating meetings and conference calls.
3. Prepare and distribute meeting notices, minutes and materials, in coordination with LCRPC staff and the Board for meetings of the Board, Executive Committee, or other committees.
4. Respond to in-person, phone, email or other routine inquiries for information.
5. Assist with public meetings, workshops, conferences, or other meetings as requested.
6. Perform general duties including but not limited to: communications, publications, mailing, and office tasks.
Perform related work as requested by LCRPC Staff
- College degree and three years of professional experience directly related to position responsibilities.
- Effective written communication, public presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive software skills and online research abilities.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Experience with EPA, CDBG, other major state or federal programs, or private foundations.
- Excellent report writing and editing, and publication design and printing.
- Able to work flexible hours, including attending early morning and evening meetings.
- Knowledge of Midcoast Maine preferred.
Please send letter and resume to:
POB 268, Wiscasset, ME 04578
Salary is competitive, based on experience and relevant skills. CEI offers a generous benefits program, including health/life/disability insurances, and pension plan. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
The board and staff of Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI) value diversity in all aspects of program participation and employment. CEI is an equal opportunity provider.