CEI is a private, statewide, nonprofit 501(c)(3) community development corporation and community development financial institution with a mission of job creation, poverty alleviation and environmental responsibility. CEI provides financing and technical assistance to small businesses, workforce development and affordable housing projects.
Community Development Specialist
Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission
Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission (LCRPC) seeks a Community Development Specialist for 32 hrs/wk to provide community and economic development assistance and website, research, and administrative support.
Responsibilities: Implement economic and community development activities, including project development and grant writing. Provide CDBG and EPA brownfields assistance to towns and businesses. Perform a variety of research, website, and communications tasks. Assist the County Planner with land use and transportation planning activities. Assist with board and public communications, meetings, and office tasks.
Qualifications: College degree and three years’ related experience; written and public presentation skills; strong interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills; proficient in web, email, and other online tools; experience in data collection, research and analysis; experience with CDBG, EPA, and major state/federal programs. Familiarity with midcoast Maine economy and communities preferred. See the full job description at www.lcrpc.org
Please send letter and resume to:
POB 268, Wiscasset, ME 04578
CEI, a private, statewide, nonprofit 501(c) (3) community development corporation and community development financial institution seeks a Part-Time Training and Outreach Coordinator for the Southern Maine Women’s Business Program, Women’s Business Center at CEI. The Women’s Business Center is a well-established program taking a new creative approach to staffing and programming. This is currently a 20 hour/week part-time position. Schedule will be determined upon further conversation.
Qualifications: The Women’s Business Center at CEI is looking for a passionate advocate for Maine’s women-owned businesses. This is a high-energy, dynamic, client-facing position.
• Four-year college degree required: Masters Degree in related field, or professional designation preferred.
• Minimum of two years related business and/or professional experience.
• Broad knowledge of program management and development, marketing, women’s issues and entrepreneurship. Experience facilitating groups or trainings a plus.
• Must demonstrate accountability, a positive attitude, initiative, ability to be self-directed and an entrepreneurial approach.
• Proficiency in working with business software and technology. Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and Access and ability to work with distance learning technologies.
• Experience as a small business owner or entrepreneur preferred.
Responsibilities: This position will have three main areas of responsibility:
• Develop a more robust training program specifically targeted to give Maine women starting or growing their own business the skills and competencies they need to succeed. Coordinate training events at the Southern Maine Women’s Business Program: recruit training facilitators, conduct client outreach, provide input on curriculum, and plan event logistics.
• Implement a new initiative that connects clients with outside consultants for specific professional expertise. Oversee client relationship with external consultants: assess client need, determine fit with specific consultants, and monitor productivity and outcomes of interaction.
• Help market the Women’s Business Center programs and services throughout its service area.
Salary is competitive, based on qualifications. CEI offers a benefits program for part-time regular employees which includes health insurance. Please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources/Training Outreach Coordinator
Wiscasset, ME 04578
Director of Finance
Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI), a private, nonprofit community development corporation and community development financial institution, seeks a Director of Finance to integrate corporate-wide accounting, financial reporting, and financial administration for its statewide, regional, and national small business financing, affordable housing, business counseling, venture capital and tax credit activities.
Responsibilities: Integrate accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting activities company-wide. Work closely with subsidiary management and program and accounting staff. Work with senior management to provide extensive financial and management reports. Develop overall corporate financial planning and policies, reporting, and performance measurement.
Qualifications: Experienced manager, in-depth knowledge of nonprofit and for profit budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, and cash management. Excellent written and oral communications skills; must provide hands-on technical assistance and function on senior management level. CPA required. MBA or equivalent education or training preferred; minimum ten years’ progressive experience in managing corporate budgeting, accounting and reporting in a complex corporate environment. Must be experienced with accounting for, and reporting on, diverse corporate entities with multiple subsidiaries.
Salary is competitive, based on experience and relevant skills. CEI offers a generous benefits program, including health/life/disability insurances, and pension plan. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Human Resources/Director of Finance
Wiscasset, ME 04578
Loan Group Administrator
CEI, a private, statewide nonprofit community development corporation and community development financial institution, seeks a Loan Group Administrator with a commitment to CEI’s mission of job creation, poverty alleviation and environmental responsibility.
Responsibilities: Provides direct administrative support for Lending, including SVP of Lending, Loan Officers and Senior Credit Officer. Assembles new loan application packages for lenders, procures credit reports as necessary, prepares commitment letters and serves as liaison between lenders and loan servicing.
Qualifications: Minimum two-year degree in a related business field and three years related business experience, preferably with strong senior level administrative support responsibilities. Must be proficient in word processing, databases, and spreadsheet software.
Salary is competitive, based on qualifications. CEI offers a generous benefits program, including health, life, and disability insurance, and a pension plan. Please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources-Loan Group Administrator
Wiscasset, ME 04578
The board and staff of Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI) value diversity in all aspects
of program participation and employment. CEI is an equal opportunity provider.